Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Dropbox Showcase - Photos with white lines

Explorer | Level 4

I'm running into an issue where photos (jpegs) uploaded to Dropbox Showcase end up with thin white lines in the photos when I preview the site. The lines are not visible in the file when I review them in Photoshop. Any suggestions on how to save out the images to remove these lines?

6 Replies

Re: Dropbox Showcase - Photos with white lines

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, is it possible you could attach a screenshot showing this behavior in Showcase?

Does it only occur when viewing the Showcase in its entirety, or when you expand the image by clicking on it? How large are the images, in terms of size and resolution?

Thanks in advance!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay-

Thanks for replying! Trying to attached a screen grab, but I'm getting an error message when I upload. There are just a couple of very thin white lines going through the photo.

I don't see these lines in the file and when I'm working in showcase. Only when I preview the site I see the lines. In both the preview and when I click on the image.

Image size is 1344 px 2016 px at 72 dpi.

Thanks for your help.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Could you try uploading the image using this button?

Attach photo.jpg

If that doesn’t work, upload the image to your Dropbox account and create a shared link to it, then paste the link here.

When you mention preview, you’re referring to the example of what it would look like when viewing on a browser, tablet or phone, correct? 

If you try to view the Showcase normally, in an Incognito or private browsing window so you’re not logged into your account, does it display normally?

Jay

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 4

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 11.49.25 AM copy.jpgScreen Shot 2019-02-07 at 11.49.35 AM copy.jpg

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay-

I tried your suggestion of looking at a preview of the site in a different browser where I'm not logged into Dropbox and I don't see the white lines. Is it possible that I'm only seeing these lines due to being logged into Dropbox?

Thanks!

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Most likely this is the case, if you’re using the built in preview on the page, then it might compress the images more than necessary.

If you’re opening the Showcase in a normal browser window, as if you’re not logged into your account, then that is what everyone else will see.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Jay

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox Showcase - Photos with white lines
6 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post