Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

no

Dropbox Spaces causing saving issues when long duration editing.

Helpful | Level 5

When you are editing dropbox space folder descriptions and adding checklists, if you pause editing for any amount of time, like here in the post I'm making now with auto save drafts, it auto saves, and any further edits after that cause sync issues that tell you that you have to reload to continue editing.

Clipboard01.png

Please put an end to the auto save while editing these areas, it will simpy cause issues. This is in the web version, using firefox.

Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: Dropbox Spaces causing saving issues when long duration editing.

Dropboxer

Thank you so much for reporting this experience @Vas V. 

I understand this message pops up when editing the description of your directory. 

Allow me to ask a few questions. Is it possible that the description you are editing, is not saved for a long time and then the browser times out?

Is this message appearing when you are typing? 

Is there any other member that could be typing there at the same time? 

Do you face this issue on another browser or incognito window?

Looking forward to investigating this further with you. 

Thanks!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

It is impossible that anyone else was editing at the same time.

The message would appear after it did a silent auto save, and I did more editing after the silent auto save. Let me see if I can record a clip of it happening.

https://youtu.be/7lHCs4JpPac (There appears to be no private information in this so its fine here)

Alright, I uploaded exactly what happens. I don't see why this would be a firefox only bug, I'll see if I can try this in chrome though. Firefox is still the only browser I use however.

Yep, same thing in Chrome. Its what I expected, the auto save method desyncronizes the editing ability because it expects you to exit your input box each time it saves. When you stop typing for x amount of time, possibly 3-4 seconds, it auto saves, and that stops you from being able to put any more information in till you click done and exit the input box and then open it again to type more.

Dropboxer

Thank you for reporting this. I greatly appreciate the recording. 

In order for me to investigate this further I would like to create an email communication for you. Can I use the email associated with your Community profile? 

Fiona

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 5

Sure, go ahead.

Dropboxer

Thanks. Just emailed you! envelope

Fiona

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox Spaces causing saving issues when long duration editing.
5 Replies
1 Like
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post