Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Dropbox Using Crazy Network Even While Idle

Helpful | Level 5

This has been going on for about 20 minutes now.  Dropbox has been sitting idle, everything synced, but using a crazy amount of bandwidth and disk usage.  Over 104 Mbps send rate?  Dropbox has been using a large amount of bandwidth, even while idle, as you can see in the system tray.  Any idea what the hell is going on?

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Dropbox Using Crazy Network Even While Idle

Dropboxer

Hey there @emf2718  - sorry to hear that!

Could you tell me the exact status of the app as shown when you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon next to your clock in the system tray? Is it showing 'Up to date' or still syncing changes? 

Any additional information you think might help our investigation is more than welcome of course!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

Up to date.  It's been up to date since before the issue began, no activity.  I don't have any other information to add, unless there's something else I can check.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the speedy reply @emf2718  - much appreciated!

As at this point, I'll need a more account specific view of the problem at hand, I went ahead and sent you an email to your Dropbox associated email address.

When you get the chance, take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 5

Looks like I won't be able to.

I was using bandwidth to the point of tripping our web filter alerts here.  I had to close Dropbox.  I've since resetarted it and the problem went away for now.  If it happens again, after hours, I'll definitely contact you.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for your diligence @emf2718!

Note that you can also adjust your bandwidth settings through the desktop app's preferences according to your needs as well if needed.

Should you see this happening in the future, you can log a ticket with our team through the following page in order to let us know and investigate further:

https://www.dropbox.com/support

Thanks!

Walter

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox Using Crazy Network Even While Idle
5 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey