Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Dropbox buisness Team Folders

Explorer | Level 3

Hello my clients are having a heck of a time with drop box since last Thursday September the 5th.  We have 9 members that use the same Team Folder ( not shared folder) and it was working fine until September 5th.

I have multiple questions

1. If I delete the dropbox folder on one of the computers will this delete the team folder on dropbox.com ( I want to ultimately resync the entire folder).  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still the folder will not sync ( there are updated files and folders that i can see on dropbox.com but not in the dropbox folder on the computer)

2. I have made a huge mess with Selective Sync I now have another folder with the same name with ( Selective sync conflict) and this has taken some files and folders from the original dropbox folder on the computer.  I have read to merge them and  then delete the selective sync conflic which I did ( really time consuming since this dropbox has over 100gb)  but when I goto selective sync settings the way they word it, makes it seem the folder should selected to sync now I have 3 folders to select 1. original folder, 2. new selective sync conflic folder. 3. outlook folder ( which is always checked marked/ selected.  The other two folders never have the check box marked next to it.  Any insight on how to clean this up  would be helpful

3. This all originated from an error when trying to open any file in the dropbox folder  unspecified error.

Anyone with some insight would be very helpful and I would be very thankful I know my post is all over the place but I am worried about files being deleted, and not being restored to the proper folder.

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Dropbox buisness Team Folders

Dropboxer
Hi there @Dbrown1

Let’s see what we can do with this together. 

To answer your first question: yes, you are right! 

Due to syncing, any changes that you make to content in your Dropbox folder will be reflected on your account. This means that if you delete any files or folders, they will be removed from your account from the website and any other connected device. 

To resolve selective sync conflicts, you can merge the contents of the two folders, just as you mention. 

However, you’ll have to choose the other folder that’s not syncing to your Dropbox folder to be downloaded from your selective sync settings by marking it with a tick-mark first. 

If I’ve missed anything out or if you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to get back to me. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Hello, well I just went and checked other team members drop box,  I do not see any changes.... for example when selective sync created a new folder it took some folders out of the original  dropbox folder. But everyone else sees the original folder with all the subfolders.

This seems account based only, other team members do not even see or have the new selective sync conflict folder so I am very confused.

When I select the original folder under selective sync it creates a new selective sync conflict folder.

All I want to do is start from scratch with this account and resync the team folder on dropbox.com 

As you can see from the picture everytime I go to selective sync only outlook is selected. Even when I select the first team folder ( original) when I come back into selective sync it is not checked.dropbox.jpgdropbox.jpg

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @Dbrown1.

A selective sync conflict happens when you create a folder with the same name in the same location as an unsynced folder. 

In general, files don't move without third party or user interaction, but they may be in your selective sync conflict folder as it may have been the newer/updated version of the folder at the time. 

If you want to sync both folders, you'll have to check-mark both of them from your selective sync settings at the same time and then consolidate them. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

I am sorry that is not what I want to do, the problem is under selective sync it states  any folders unchecked will not be shown on this computer.. well my orginal folder was unchecked and the outlook folder stays checked.  so when I put a check on the original folder it created the selective sync conflict folder.

can you please let me know the steps to just just get the original folder back to sync.  how would I start fresh? uninstalling and signing into a different account shows me my original folder with all files and no selective sync conflict folder.

So how do I get this one particular account to start fresh with a new installation of dropbox with a fresh sync dropbox folder

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional info here, @Dbrown1

In order to have a better understanding of what you're seeing, I've sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile. 

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my latest message and we'll take it from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox buisness Team Folders
5 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post