cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Dropbox free accounts need more space.

Helpful | Level 5

Dropbox does not have enough space. The base spapce is not nearly enough, and even with all of the extra free space, it simply isn't enough. After going through everything to get the free space, you can only get up to 2.24 gigs of space. Not everbody is able to get ppeople do download and install dropbox for that extra little bit of space. if we increased the space even just a little bit, by about 1 gig, it would be much easier on people. It doesn't need to be much, just a little bit extra to help people.

11 Replies
Highlighted

No no have space, would like space

Explorer | Level 4

I don't have space on my dropbox, like erry time if you agree

Tags (1)

Re: No no have space, would like space

Helpful | Level 5

I agree, I think dropbox should have a studnet plan or more base space, 3 gigs would be a nice amount to start, still would like more but I won't ask for too much

Re: No no have space, would like space

Dropboxer

Hey @EAdrian17 

Check out this Community discussion we had about this. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Dropbox needs more space

Dropboxer

Hi @GraduateBard97

We greatly appreciate the feedback for your space needs and the quota available for Dropbox free users. 

I am sorry to hear you were not able to get referral Dropbox space. slightly frowning face

Did you know you can earn space by contributing to our Community ? I saw you helping in another post I checked earlier and wanted to thank you for your participation. Liked your answer. grinning face with smiling eyes

Another thing you could do to drop space for now would be to temporarily  remove access from shared folders and add them back when you do have the space. These folders will "wait" for you in your sharing tab on our website. 

I hope this workaround helps you! 

P.S. Don't give up on referrals! People do install the Dropbox desktop app. Maybe not right away, but they do. I believe you will see the extra space added out of nowhere at some point. 

Fiona

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Star Collaborator | Level 19

@Fiona wrote:

Did you know you can earn space by contributing to our Community ? ... 

grinning facesmiling face with open mouth and tightly-closed eyes Really?!... How? How much? Exact conditions!?... thinking face

@GraduateBard97, Dropbox is focusing on business clients. Personal users (especially free - including students) are far behind in the plans (if there are any). If @Fiona, likes you really, then she can give you 1GB (at most), but better don't rely too much. There are many other services (like Mega, pCloud, etc.) where, soon after registration, you get more space (for example in pCloud 10GB immediately and 14GB with just some initial steps... and so on).

The choice is yours. winking face

Dropboxer

Hey @Здравко! Steps and exact amount of space offered in the hyperlink here

Let me know if you haven't gotten your mighty answer space. I am sure you have this badge. slightly smiling face

Fiona

Probably you haven't read entire post, pointed by you. If you have, then ask:

@Fiona wrote:

Let me know if you haven't gotten your mighty answer space. I am sure you have this badge. slightly smiling face

I have some post there and only ambiguous (softly said) responses! Check it, and don't be so sure. winking face This is the reality. face without mouth

Dropboxer

Just checked. face with open mouth

Well the badges are assigned to users automatically. Weird you didn't get this yet. 

I created a ticket to check your account's space @Здравко. Never thought I would say that.. smiling face with open mouth and tightly-closed eyes but so glad to assist you for once. 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Talk to you via email. 

Fiona

Wow...

Thanks @Fiona,

You are the first Dropboxer take care (at least to me). The thread you mentioned above is still ambiguous, which mean - words, without clear definition.

Anyway... Thank you so much! heart eyes facerelieved face

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox free accounts need more space.
11 Replies
6 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey