Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Dropbox not saving screenshots

Level 2

Dropbox is no longer saving my screenshots to my screenshots folder on my Mac. It saves them to my Mac desktop now, which I do not want. I do have the dropbox screenshot sharing function checked "on" in preferences. It's always worked before. Don't know how to fix it. Please advise. Thanks.

12 Replies

Re: Dropbox not saving screenshots

Super User II
If they're saving to your desktop then it's not Dropbox saving them, but some other process; probably the function built-in to OS X. If the screenshot function within Dropbox Preferences is not checked, then check it to restore that functionality.

Re: Dropbox not saving screenshots

Level 2

Thanks, Rich, but I think you need to read my question again; as I stated in the question, I checked that box; that's the issue. Thanks.

screenshots stopped working

Level 2

Re: screenshots stopped working

Super User II

You need to provide more information. Is this on a computer or a mobile device? What version of Dropbox are you running? Is the screenshot not being created? Are you getting an error message?

Unless you can provide details about the problem, no one will be able to assist you.

Highlighted

Level 3

Same problem.  Just happened.  HOWEVER, I DID JUST UPDATE my iOS to the latest macOS Sierra 10.12.6.  You suggested that might be an issue.  

My MacBook Air (late 2015, 13 inch) has always saved them for me.  I cleaned out my many prior saved screenshots but that made no difference.

So likely something in the new Sierra update?

Screenshots stop working on 2017 Macbook Pro OS Sierra 10.12.6

Level 2

When I take a screenshot on my Mac it's supposed to go into my screenshots folder with the share link copied to my clipboard.

My Mac, all of a sudden, has reverted to placing Screenshots on my desktop and NOT in Dropbox.

I have reinstalled Dropbox and have made sure "Enable Finder Integration" is checked and that Share Screenshots using dropbox has been checked.

Dropbox has accessibility permissions in System Preferences.

I have restarted and also restarted Finder.

Can you help me figure this out?

I'm running a brand new Macbook Pro 15" on OS X Sierra 10.12.6.

Thank you

Re: Screenshots stop working on 2017 Macbook Pro OS Sierra 10.12.6

Super User II
Which version of Dropbox are you using Maver1ck?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 2

Did you ever get this fixed? I am also on Sierra 10.12.6 and am having the same issue as you.

Re: Screenshots stop working on 2017 Macbook Pro OS Sierra 10.12.6

Level 2

Version 33.4.23Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 1.46.05 PM.png

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox not saving screenshots
12 Replies
3 Likes