cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Dropbox only see's blank placeholders for photos

New member | Level 2

I do NOT want every freakin photo i take uploaded.  I only upload photos i choose, however since your last update, unless its a photo in my photo gallery ive downloaded from soemwhere else on my phone, dropbox does not see them.  Just a blank placeholder with a gray outline.  I will NOT turn on upload every freakin photo i take.  Useless to force people too.  Ive checked my camera app and checked the gallery app on my phone and they are set to normal jpg.  Im on samsung s10 plus. I dont know what you did on last update of your phone app but it's messed up. If you dont have a fix for it. i will just delete my account after i download to my computer. The whole point of this is to delete or upload at MY choice of locations, and which files.  If I want to delete something local and keep it on my dropbox cloud, i should be able too,  It also should be able to see photo's

2 Replies

Re: Dropbox only see's blank placeholders for photos

Star Collaborator | Level 19

@forgetit wrote:

I do NOT want every freakin photo i take uploaded.  ...

HI @forgetit,
Did you ensure your automatic camera upload is turn off? _20191208_162204.JPG

Re: Dropbox only see's blank placeholders for photos

Dropboxer

Hey there @forgetit, thanks for checking in with us!

As @Здравко mentions, if you don't want your photos to be automatically uploaded to your Dropbox account, make sure that you have the camera uploads option off

Also, if you delete a photo from your mobile's Camera Roll, it won't be removed from the Camera Uploads folder, and vice versa, as they are two separate files - one in your Dropbox account, and the other in your mobile's storage. 

Finally, if you're still having trouble with manually adding photos to your Dropbox account, don't hesitate to get back to us with any additional info and screenshots (without personal info) that would help us have a better understanding of what you're seeing. 

Let us know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox only see's blank placeholders for photos
2 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post