Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Dropbox opens automatically from Files folder on iPad

Explorer | Level 3

When opening a document in the Files folder (iCloud drive) on my iPad, Dropbox opens automatocally asking me to save the document. I cannot open the document in the Files folder without this happening. It is random as it does not apply to all documents (the document in question is already saved to dropbox). The problem does not exist on my iPhone or mac, only on my iPad. Help please as I do not want Dropbox to open automatically from my Files folder on my iPad.

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: Dropbox opens automatically from Files folder on iPad

Dropboxer

Hey @LouiseDe

Thanks for reporting this problem here. Welcome to  Dropbox Community! 

This message is not expected to pop up, at least not as often, like it doesn't for your mobile device. Dropbox on mobile is exactly the same app you have in your iPad. 

What version of Dropbox do you have running in your iPad at the time? What is the version of your iPads OS?

Have you tried reinstalling the app? If not, please try to and let me know if the issue persists. If it does, add a screenshot of the message you are getting to your next response. Seeing it would be a great help for me and other users facing the same issue. 

Thank you. Looking forward to your next post. nerd face

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Fiona, I have the latest versions of both iOS and Dropbox. Following your note I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Unfortunately the same issue still persists. It seems to be located to one folder (at least so far as I have checked). I do not think a screen shot is required. It is very simple, I click on the document I want to open in Files, Dropbox opens and asks me where I want to save the file.

Kind regards, LouiseDe

Dropboxer

Hey @LouiseDe

I am afraid, that the screenshot is required here. You mentioned that this issue occurs when opening a folder in iCloud drive. As you understand I am not specialized on the specific third party product and I really want to help with this. 

To do that, I will need to see the message and the exact location/screen that it appears at.

I want to point out once more, that the screenshot would be super helpful for users seeing the same message. 

Thank you!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox opens automatically from Files folder on iPad
3 Replies
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post