Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Re: Dropbox re-syncing every reboot

Level 2
I'm having the same issue. I have just submitted a support request, ticket #5660989. I have tried reinstalling but the same issue is happening. Any luck for you yet @dominichare?

Level 6

No, unfortunately it's come back. It sits hanging on this:

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 11.22.39 am.png

Level 6

Back again, first it asked for my computer password to modify permissions and it's again synching 100,000s of files. This is getting silly.

Dropboxer

Hey dominichare and IanLawson  

Thanks for getting back in touch with those ticket IDs, much appreciated! 

I was able to locate your tickets and have notified my colleagues that this is an ongoing issue and they 'll follow-up on your open support requests. 

Hope this gets resolved soon! 

Kind regards, 

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

no, it did not help and Dropbox on a new computer build using the latest version of Windows 10 keeps crashing / closing windows explorer when I look at the preview on a number pdf files in a folder.  I am ready to move to another online storage.  I have spent 40 hours or more researching this and trying everything written about the subject.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey there (@PaulSarasota), while this conversation has been inactive since 2017, I understand that you’d need some immediate assistance; sorry to hear about the frustration caused Paul.

I’ve located your open Support request on our system on my end & I can see that you’re currently discussing this matter with my colleague there. I’ve made sure to include a note of your comment, so as to have all relevant info on the same email chain. Should you need additional assistance or clarifications, please do keep them updated on that correspondence, as they can access your account specifics directly. 

I hope that this gets resolved soon for you & please do let me know here in case you need further assistance in any way & I’ll check back with you asap. Wishing you a lovely weekend ahead!

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Level 2

@Dropbox This is an issue for me, too. It asks permission (for my password) every single time, and it tries to resync *every single file* like the others. I haven't reinstalled, in part for fear of what might happen -- I don't want to have to re-upload everything, either, and I have Dropbox linked to my hard drive. I, too, frequently see it syncing tens of thousands of files.

Dropboxer
Hey there (@PLG1991), are you working on a Mac by any chance? If so, then you may need to authorize Dropbox to run on your computer by entering your computer's username and password. While what you’re seeing could be attributed to an update that hasn’t been installed correctly, I’m interested in what this looks like on your end. Have you tried unlinking & relinking by any chance & see if that does the trick? Also, would you mind posting me a screenshot (omitting personal info) of what the Dropbox sync status message reads on your end in your next post here, so as to get a better idea of what’s happening?

Once I have this info, I’ll try to address your initial inquiry in a bit more depth. Thanks in advance!

Jane

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox re-syncing every reboot
17 Replies
8 Likes