Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Dropbox's compressed zip files damaged

Explorer | Level 3

I've been trying to download a 16gb folder. I've used multiple browsers, incognito mode, a download manager and nothing works. Please help! 

(I have no interest in upgrading my account and don't have enough space to add it to my folder)

7 Replies

Re: Dropbox's compressed zip files damaged

Dropboxer

Hey there @saraacevedo,

Just so that I can fully understand the situation, can you let me know if you are receiving an error message after downloading the folder? If so, can you reply with a screenshot of that error message (excluding any personal info).

Also, can you let me know if you've tried clearing your browser's cache to see if that will do the trick?

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 3

@Daphne  escribió:

Hey there @saraacevedo,

Just so that I can fully understand the situation, can you let me know if you are receiving an error message after downloading the folder? If so, can you reply with a screenshot of that error message (excluding any personal info).

Also, can you let me know if you've tried clearing your browser's cache to see if that will do the trick?

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

I get  "The zip file is not valid" when trying to open the file with windows and when I open it with winrar I can see the folder but there's no files on the folders. 

drobox.JPG

Erasing the cache won't work either. 

Dropboxer

Hey @saraacevedo,

Can you let me know if you're able to preview the files within the folder on the website? Also, when the folder was uploaded, was it already compressed?

Finally, can you let me know if you have the desktop app installed and syncing files to your desktop? Perhaps this may be a better way to "download" the files to your computer locally since it's a relatively large folder.

Thanks!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

Yes, I am able to preview the video files on the website. The folder was uploaded 2 days ago and it isn't compressed. I cannot sync the files on my computer because I don't have the space to add it to my own dropbox.

Dropboxer

Hey @saraacevedo,

To have a further look into this, would you mind if I reached out to the email address associated with your Community profile? Otherwise, if you already have a ticket open with our Support team for this, please let me know the ticket reference number (eg. #1234567).

Let me know - Cheers!

Daphne

Explorer | Level 3

Please reach me through my email. I don't have a ticket open. Cheers.

Dropboxer

I've reached out to your email address @saraacevedo, please just check your inbox when you have the time and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

Daphne

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox's compressed zip files damaged
7 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post