cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox upload speed less than 1 KB/s!!!

Dropbox upload speed less than 1 KB/s!!!

hndbxaccount
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am stuck with upload speeds of less than 1 KB/s with Dropbox (actually around 0.2KB/s). I'm on a 10 Mbps upload connection (10 Mbps = 1,250 KB/s) with all other uploads at or around 10 Mbps. Any idea why my Dropbox app could be uploading at less than 1/1000x my available bandwidth and any idea on how I can resolve this? At this rate, my files would take weeks to upload, and that is simply not practical.

I have checked the "Don't limit" option under the upload bandwidth section in my Dropbox app's preferences, and I've also tried resetting my internet connection by disconnecting/reconnecting my internet modem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

André B.2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I managed to solve it after some trial and error.

I found this:

https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips/dropbox-not-syncing.html

Solution 8 worked for me

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @hndbxaccount. Sorry to hear about this, I will help you upload your files faster! :white_check_mark:

Sounds very basic but always helps.. have you rebooted your computer device? If you haven't please do. I always reboot my router as well to make sure my internet connection is not the problem. 

If you have done both already, please let me know the version of Dropbox you have installed there and if this is your first upload from this device. 

Thank you!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

DRCards
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Mine is doing the same thing. Quite frustrating!

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear that you are facing the same issue @DRCards

Have you tried rebooting the device? 

Rebooting the rooter? 

What version of Dropbox do you have installed there? 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

André B.2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey I'm having a similar problem, the problem is still present after rebooting my windows 10 machine.
I'm using Dropbox v 87.4.138 - I've tried to exit the dropbox program and start it again, the pop up tool tip shows speed around 0.2-0.8kb/s right after start-up, then it shows nothing, i guess that means 0.0kb/s upload (I can see nothing is happening in my Network task manager, so dropbox is not sending or receiving any data).

Please advice what to do now.

*Edit: Left my pc on over night at not a single file have been synced - yes it has access to the internet, I'm making this comment from the PC

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for adding your experience to this discussion @André B.2

Is there a security program, that could be limiting Dropbox from operating? (proxies, firewalls or an antivirus)

Are you running other cloud services on this device? 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

André B.2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm using the build in windows 10 virus protection, I just now tried to disable the windows firewall, did not help.

I'm not running other cloud services on my pc.

I have in the dropbox settings -> Bandwidth set to "dont limet" for both upload and download. My internet speed is 100Mbps down and 30 Mbps up (115/35 measured with speedtest.net)

I dont have any of the "smart sync" features enabled, on this desktop pc I want to have a copy of the  whole of my dropbox.

André B.2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I made a quick little test.

I put a small txt file in my dropbox folder, via windows explorer, it synced to the website more or less instant.

I then tried to upload a txt file to the website, and it never synced to my dropbox folder on my pc.

My laptop (on the same network) received the files immediately after turning it on, so it must be something with my desktop PC. But I don't know what it could be.

Both are windows 10, both have the same security settings (in windows).
I tried a reinstall on the desktop, still not working

André B.2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I managed to solve it after some trial and error.

I found this:

https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips/dropbox-not-syncing.html

Solution 8 worked for me

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @André B.2.

Thanks for posting the solution that worked for you. 

Happy to see you fixed this! :nerd:

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

RWMOREY Helpful | Level 6
    hndbxaccount Explorer | Level 4
    Fiona Dropbox Staff
    André B.2 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?