cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox video-No Sound

Dropbox video-No Sound

Tou X.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

submitting an assignment for homework. Uploaded the video, but there is no sound on the link. it only says preview, however, even when I do sign in, I get the full length of the video, but no sound.

28 Replies 28

Mohammad N.4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Carrobity100
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I am 'sharing' a video sent to me and I have played it several time but now there is no sound

Oboale
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Did you ever find anything out? I'm having this problem too. 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey Oboale

Let's look into that together! 

Would you mind sending over some more details surrounding the case? For instance, are you trying to upload your video on the website, using your desktop, or via your mobile phone? 

Are you receiving any error messages? 

What filetype is your video? What's the filesize?

Looking forward to your reply!

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Oboale
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hey sure here's what's happening:

The home video uploaded no problem. And when I preview it in the dropbox I get sound and video just fine. I've only used my laptop, and i'm not getting any error messages. What's happening is when I download it to my desktop (from my laptop) I get video, no audio. The filetype is .mv4 and is approx 345mb

Really irritating! What's your story?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Oboale wrote:

What's happening is when I download it to my desktop (from my laptop) I get video, no audio.

Since this is happening when you download the file and open it locally, it won't have anything to do with Dropbox.

Make sure you have an appropriate video player installed, and if necessary, the proper codec for the video type. Personally, I use VLC for everything as it's one of the most supported video players there is. You might also try opening the file in iTunes or QuickTime, as M4V files are an Apple format.

Oboale
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Rich,

I'm using a mac book pro. I have quick time, VLC, itunes, etc. The issue is with dropbox. The file works fine on our mac desktop, and it uploads to drop box successfully. But when you download the file from the dropbox to my laptop, the sound is gone. Even if you download the file to the same computer it was uploaded from. The only variable is Dropbox. 

davidweb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same problem here by uploading a screen recording with sound with iOS Dropbox app. 2017-11-14

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey davidweb, thanks for reaching out on the Community, let's look into that together! 

As a first step, can you confirm that you've downloaded the latest Dropbox mobile version (72.2.2)?

Also, if you've uploaded the file online (& you're comfortable sharing), could you include a shared link here, so so as to check the case together? Any other detail that would help us determine the case would be extremely useful (eg. do you experience this behavior on all videos or only on a particular one)?

Thanks in advance & we're looking forward to your reply! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

AgusPrabowo
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
When you play the video or audio on dropbox, you should used the third app. To get the sound. Thanks
Need more support?