Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

Dropbox won't start, sync, or uninstall

Explorer | Level 3

I am still without a working dropbox. It won't start on this pc ever since I had installed a BOSE soundtouch software which i have since uninstalled. But dropbox never workied again!

7 Replies

Re: Dropbox won't start, sync, or uninstall

Dropboxer
Hey there (@yummy), sorry to hear that you’re facing an issue installing our desktop app & thanks a lot for reaching out for assistance on our Community. If I were in your shoes (& had previously detected the conflict between the two applications), I would try an Advanced re-installation & I’d take it from there (eg. I'd also be interested to know whether the third-party app has been affecting other applications' performance).

Please do keep me updated on the outcome on this discussion here & thanks again for taking the time to check back how my suggestions work for you. Looking forward to your next reply! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Hi no other programs were affected when I installed the Bose sountouch software. But dropbox stopped working and I was also having problems with windows explorer, but not other software. 

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jane,

I can't delete the file as per your instructions, pleae see attachment. Thank you.

Dropboxer
Thanks for the prompt update on this discussion (@yummy)! Please bear in mind that if you’ve included a screenshot in your previous message, this hasn’t reached my end. In any event, I’ve located your open support request & I’ve replied to you there so as to look into the matter a bit more closely. 

Whenever you find some spare time, please check your inbox for my message & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you asap. I hope that this is helpful & I’ll be awaiting your next reply on that email chain!

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

ok thanks Jane I have replied by email. I am attaching error file. Thank you.

Explorer | Level 3

Jane do you mind if I give you access to my pc via Teamviewer so you be able to help me remotely? I can't seem to manage to do this. Thanks.

Dropboxer
Thanks for circling back to me here (@yummy) & happy February! While I can't offer screen sharing at the moment, I’ve replied back to you on our email correspondence. Please have a look at your inbox at your earliest convenience & we’ll take it from there. Thanks again for your ongoing cooperation & have a wonderful Friday ahead until we talk again! 

Jane

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox won't start, sync, or uninstall
7 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post