Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Empty folder with (1) after it

New member | Level 2

I am trying to share a folder on the online version. It is titled "CTC". When I go to the the computer, the folder appears in my computer's Dropbox folder as "CTC(1)" and is empty. It never syncs the files from CTC in the online Dropbox folder. 

Do you have any idea why it is doing this and how to make the files in the folder download? I don't care if it changes the name of it. I just want it to sync.

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Empty folder with (1) after it

Dropboxer

Hey there @chucksligh - welcome to our Community!

From what I gather you must have had this folder selectively unsynced from your computer through the desktop app's preferences. Could this be the reason why you don't see the original folder on your computer?

To verify if that's the case, please have a look at your selective sync settings on the affected computer and if the folder in question is un-checked, check it back and let our desktop app sync the changes you applied until it shows 'Up to date'. 

That's it; you should be good to go now!

In any case, please let me know how this goes and/or if you have any further questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply. Do I this in the online version? I don't remember every choosing Selective Sync and don't know what it is, but I could have done it long in the past.

New member | Level 2

Okay. It worked.

New member | Level 2

One question. Why does it add the (1) after the folder?

Dropboxer

Glad to hear this worked @chucksligh!

When it comes to your concern now, note that when Dropbox recognizes that there's a folder with the same name in the same location, it will append the most recently created folder with a number (e.g. "Taxes (1)").

This is just to prevent confusion, but you can rename the folder by selecting the folder and choosing “Rename.”

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Empty folder with (1) after it
5 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post