cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: End of Audio Previews Cut Off

End of Audio Previews Cut Off

j2762mm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello!

I have a very regular issue where the dropbox web player is cutting off the very last seconds of audio files.

This issue is NOT pertaining to the playback limits enforced by Dropbox plans. It's just the last few seconds of every audio file I upload, the player cuts off the end. These are all CBR MP3 files. Haven't tested with any other format.

I'm a podcast editor and multiple times per week I have clients come back to me complaining that the end of their piece is cut off. It always turns out that they were listening to the file on Dropbox's web player. Once they download the file, it's perfect.

Total time-waster for me and just not a good experience overall for clients.

Love Dropbox otherwise, and with the subscription fee every month, I would expect not to have issues like these.

Happy to provide further info or test to help resolve this issue!

17 Replies 17

j2762mm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

With all due respect, I'm not sure how spending extra time and adding complications to our own workflows to accomodate Dropbox's broken product should be accepted as a resolution.

Manually adding time at the end of files is not an acceptable solution. It takes extra time, can be forgotten about (I'm working with a team), and clients do not want 10 seconds of silence at the end of the files.

Not to mention the multiple times a week I have clients come back complaining the end of their files are cut off, then I have to explain to them that it's just Dropbox and to please download the file to verify. It's a waste of time for everyone involved and creates a poor experience.

Other than this issue, I love Dropbox, so I would respectfully ask this issue to not be forgotten about and not considered resolved until a proper fix has been implemented by Dropbox.

MrSmallens
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi, I'm also a pod producer, also having the exact same issue with mp3 files being clipped in preview, and frustrated that we have to work around it vs DB fixing this obvious flaw.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @MrSmallens

Welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I understand that the workaround isn't the ideal resolution for you. 

However, I'd be more than happy to send you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile so that we can have a more in depth look into this. 

Let me know how you'd like to proceed!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MrSmallens
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Sure, let's do it.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Apologies for the delay @MrSmallens!

I've reached out to your email address, please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Dpukc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Was this problem ever resolved?  I am having the exact issue.   Not a fun experince for my clients trying to give feedback on a video edit.  I've been using other cloud options as my solution.

j2762mm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Nope, still a time-waster to this day. Aside from Dropbox's sad "workaround" there doesn't seem to have been any development on a fix for this. Shame.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @Dpukc, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this!

I'd like to look into this further with you and do some investigation, if you'd like to of course.

I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here. When you have the chance, please just check your inbox and we can go from there.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?