Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Error (500) when printing shared files

Explorer | Level 3

For some time I have been receiving a Dropbox link to access and print shared files.  No problem up to now but when I try to print the files in the most recent folder, about half of them print fine but for the other half I get an Error (500) message.  I am using Windows 10 on a PC and Microsoft Edge.

Thanks

9 Replies

Re: Error (500) when printing shared files

Dropboxer
Hey there @Peterdbx,

Would you mind trying to open and print from a shared link through another web browser? If you see the same behaviour there, can you try using an incognito/private window to see if that resolves the issue.

Finally as a last step, please try clearing your browser’s cache to see if that will do the trick.

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks, Daphne. I forgot to mention in my post that I had cleared the Edge cache and, since the post, I have had the same result with Firefox. However I haven't tried going incognito so I'll give that a go

Dropboxer

Thanks for your update, I’d say great job on the troubleshooting you’ve done so far!

I’m looking forward to your next one - Cheers! 

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

No, going InPrivate with Edge didn't help.  I also tried Chrome, both normal and Incognito, with no luck.

Apparently I am not the only one experiencing this problem.  The files that I can't print are going to reloaded and I'll try again tomorrow

Dropboxer

Can you just let me know if the files you can’t print also have downloads disabled in the shared link? If the link has restricted you from being able to download the content, perhaps this could be the reason for the error your getting trying to print the file.

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne

Explorer | Level 3

No, they don't have downloads disabled.  Interestingly, if I save to my Dropbox, I get the same error when I try to print but I have been able to select direct download, save, open folder, open the file and then print it without any problem.  That does not explain the problem but it does get round it.

Thank you

Dropboxer

Would you mind if I reached out to the email address associated with your Community profile to do some further investigation into this?

Otherwise, if you already have a ticket open with our Support team, please feel free to let me know the ticket reference number (eg. #1234567) so that I can follow up there.

Let me know - Thanks!

Daphne

Explorer | Level 3

I am sure that that would be fine.  I don't think that a ticket is open.  Apparently not all the users of these shared files are experiencing problems.

Best wishes

Dropboxer
I’ve reached out to your email address @Peterdbx, please just check your inbox when you have the time and we can continue there.

Cheers!

Daphne

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Error (500) when printing shared files
9 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post