cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Paper beta having problems staying connected - losing data

Error 500 when trying to open Dropbox Paper - June 2018

inciteimages
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Anyone get an answer on this... I'm having same issues. About to give up

30 Replies 30

inciteimages
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi there, Thanks for response. I had already tried troubleshooting by using another browser (Chrome). same issue. I'll try clearing cache and use an incognito window now. 

cesar_astudillo
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Same here. With a really reliable connection (symmetrical 500 Mbps fiber, via Ethernet). It's really annoying.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey all - thanks for alerting us to this issue. 

I am just keeping the post updated since this is still ongoing as we speak, you can check this out in our official Status page.  Our engineers are already aware of the problem and are working actively towards a solution.

Thanks for your patience in regards to this matter folks! We'll make sure to update this thread as soon as we have reached a resolution. 

Cheers! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

BarryReynolds
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

How much longer before the non-responsive paper issue is resolved? It's been almost 2 days now which is disgraceful

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
This is a known issue.

Please see https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-Paper/I-m-experiencing-a-connectivity-issue-in-Paper-losing-...

And updates at https://status.dropbox.com/

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Also, to keep everything in one place please post on the thread I've just linked to.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks @Mark, I've merged the threads together to keep the discussion in one location!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JB-CN
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What's interesting: this is the same issue a user described a month ago...only now more widespread. It's crazy to me that a company with upwards of 5k employees can have such a degraded performance for this length of time...3 days. It makes me think it's a bigger issue. I suppose you'll encounter dimished returns by throwing more engineers at the problem.:thinking: but not good having a great product that is unreliable. I had a presentation today and I was building it in Paper...1. it slowed me down considerably 2. no offline mode - prevented me from continuing my work 3. didn't look good when I'm trying to sell the usage of this product to my team at large.

inciteimages
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi. Tried incognito window, alternate browsers, disconnecting, reconnecting etc etc ...without the ability to work offline and with continuing issues I had to give up. Moved back to Mac Pages... and I was able to invite outside users to collaborate. If only I had a proper cross platform solution... I had high hopes for Paper. Hopefully the bugs will get ironed out and if so... drop me a line 🙂

BarryReynolds
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I ran out of patience. This is day three of Paper being unavailable with no meaningful updates. Very poor customer service, very poor indeed

Need more support?