cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Receiving error 500 on Paper, when status page says fine

Error 500 when trying to open Dropbox Paper - June 2018

inciteimages
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Anyone get an answer on this... I'm having same issues. About to give up

30 Replies 30

BarryReynolds
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Totally agree

mistywindow
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I understand that people are annoyed about this, but there are a couple of points to bear in mind:

1. As far as I’m aware, Dropbox Paper is still in Beta. You can’t expect perfection. It shouldn’t be used for critical data without alternative backup.

2. If you have Dropbox Paper on your iPad or other device’s app, you can still use it. It just won’t reliably synchronise.

mark2mark
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

You Dropbox people claim that this issue is solved. Unfortunately I have to tell you that it ain’t. Still losing connection *all the time*. It’s impossible to work!

toshiprakash
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am getting "Error 500: Something went wrong" on accessing anything in Paper. Even https://paper.dropbox.com/ is not working.

http://status.dropbox.com/ says everything is fine.

mark2mark
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

@mistywindow wrote:

I understand that people are annoyed about this, but there are a couple of points to bear in mind:

1. As far as I’m aware, Dropbox Paper is still in Beta. You can’t expect perfection. It shouldn’t be used for critical data without alternative backup.

2. If you have Dropbox Paper on your iPad or other device’s app, you can still use it. It just won’t reliably synchronise.

You are right about the Beta. But when DBP was rolled out there where long statements about how it has been tested for a long time. additionally the public Paper is not new anymore. And Dropbox is by far not a tiny little startup anymore where you could definitely bear with little hiccups for several days. Those things should not happen with such big companies. 

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @toshiprakash and all

Thanks for reporting. Team is aware and status page has been updated. We'll keep that page updated with news!

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
[UPDATE] Paper is back up! Thanks all of you who reported

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Pr0vider
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I just sign in for paper and when i reload the page to try out paper features it just give me a 403 forbidden page everytime i try to access paper. Anyone with this problem?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Pr0vider - sorry to hear that!

Would you mind if I reached out to you via email to the email address you use for your Forum's profile to have a look into this internally with all of my tools available?

Let me know and we'll take it from there! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

JMS2018
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Starting Tuesday, August 21 and continuing through Wednesday, August 22 I do not have connectivity to Dropbox paper. VERY frustrating and it happens frequently.  I do have an internet connection.  This is the message in the right top corner, "Still offline. You’ll be able to edit once you’re back online. Try now."  

Need more support?