cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message "ABC is a member of another team and can't be invited"

Error Message "ABC is a member of another team and can't be invited"

ekiyota
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm trying to invite a user to my team but cannot since I get this error message when I enter his email address into the invite box. "ABC is a member of another team and can't be invited".  When I try to invite him to a specific folder, I get an error message saying, "ABC is not a member of the team"  Help please !!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

ekiyota wrote:

This user is not aware of any other teams that he is part of.

They most likely are. If they tested the free Teams feature and didn't actually close the team, they're still a member. Tell them to check the Teams page.

Also, does that mean you can only belong to one team?

I believe that's the case, yes.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
As it states, they are already a member of a team. They'll need to leave that team before they can be invited into another.

ekiyota
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for the prompt reply! This user is not aware of any other teams that he is part of. Also, does that mean you can only belong to one team?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

ekiyota wrote:

This user is not aware of any other teams that he is part of.

They most likely are. If they tested the free Teams feature and didn't actually close the team, they're still a member. Tell them to check the Teams page.

Also, does that mean you can only belong to one team?

I believe that's the case, yes.

ekiyota
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for your help and prompt response!!

ironcove
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

What do you do if they have data there and it is a new business account, and the business account wants them to migrate the data to their new tenant? 

Christa1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Our new employee installed dropbox and started playing around with what seems like s free business account (valid for 30 days). No there seems to be no way to remove him from this 'team' - he is admin on the phantom team and does not have a private dropbox account. How do I get his email address released so that he can receive an invite from the company team folder please?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello there @Christa1, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

If their account is currently on the free Business trial, they will need to cancel the trial so that they can be invited to join another team. The steps to cancel the trial can be found in this article here.

This will convert them back to a personal account, which will allow a team admin to invite them to a team account.

Let me know how it goes - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Christa1 New member | Level 2
    ironcove Explorer | Level 4
    ekiyota New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?