Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

File Downloads really slow and failing

Level 4

Been sent some photos to download and the downloads are horribly slow and then fails. Also some of the photos won't show in preview when I click on them in the folder. The same is happening to photos in other folders that I have previewed and downloaded fine before. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

13 Replies

Re: File Downloads really slow and failing

Dropboxer
Hey there @TroveCartoons,

Could you please just try using another browser to see if the issue persists there too? Also, please try using an incognito/private window to rule out any browser extensions that may be having an affect on the behaviour.

As a last step, if you see no improvement with the above steps, please try clearing your browser’s cache and trying again to download and preview your files.

Finally, if you could let me know the file type you are trying to preview, just to rule out the possibility that the file type may not be a supported file type for previews?

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Level 4

It has to be something on the Dropbox side as I tried different browsers and same issue with slow downloads and eventually failing. I am downloading JPG files so they should be able to be previewed before downloading without issues. The fact that it is also happening to previous received JPG files means something is wrong. Tried accessing from another computer and still same problems.

The pain is, I can't download all JPG files in one go, which is download all to a zip file, because download fails (chrome says network error) and when I hit retry/resume the download says it is finished and gives me an incomplete folder. I can confirm that I was attempting to download on chrome in incognito mode. I have to download the JPG files one at a time as when I hit retry it continues and will eventually download, but unacceptably slow.

Definitely nothing wrong with my internet as I was able to download a 1gb file from GoogleDrive within 2 minutes but is taking 5-10+ minutes to download a 3mb JPG file from Dropbox at the moment.

Please look into this. I am from the UK by the way.

Thanks

Dropboxer
Hey there @TroveCartoons,

To look into this a little further, I’d like to move over to our Support channel. Would you mind if I reach out to the email address associated with your Community profile?

Otherwise, if you’ve already submitted a Support ticket with our team, please feel free to let me know the ticket reference number (eg. #1234567) and I can follow up there with the info you’ve provided here.

Let me know - Cheers!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 4

Yes please. I havn't opened a ticket yet because I thought this issue would of been resolved by now. Thanks

Dropboxer
I’ve reached out to your email @TroveCartoons, please check your inbox at your earliest convenience. 

Please let us know in reply to the email that you received this communication - Cheers!

Daphne

Level 4

Received and replied to it. Thanks

Level 2

Is same with me here. :(

Dropboxer

I’ve located the current ticket that you have open with our Support team and I’ve passed along your comments to the agent handling your case. We will look into this further with you through our Support channel as we have more tools at hand to better assist.

Thanks!

Daphne

Experienced slow downloading speed from date June 10, 2019

Level 3

Hi Team at Dropbox,

We are experiencing slow speed while downloading and uploading the files from last 4 days. Earlier we exprienced the same but that got sorted in 24-48 hrs without notifying to dropbox personnel and we assumed this too would be solved but didnt.

The issue we are facing for last Monday while downloading the files from our dropbox account to our computer through dropbox website, is taking longer time than earlier.

We are downloading from dropbox website (NOT SYNCING).

The major issue is the slow speed for downloading files.

We have checked all the technical corners at our end such as internet speed, machines - the internet speed is good at us and is similar to what we have been downloading earlier to this issue.

We have checked the downloading from other different (ISP) internet service provider too.

We have checked the downloading speed on different 8 machines, all are new machines with i3 and above, latest generation.

hence internet speed is not the point.

We believe this is an issue at your dropbox technical end, as new things are added into dropbox and might those be a reason affecting other things, such as smart sync which we have a trouble with our one pc which i will discuss later as this issue is major to get solve.

We trust on team dropbox to find the issue and get this sorted before this issue get viral and other customers get panic. Or if this issue gets bigger by passing days.

If there is any bandwidth limitations at your end, please see those other points.

Kindly check and let us know if this could be sorted or shall we need to find another option.

We have introduced to number of clients to join dropbox for past 15 years and still asking people to opt for Dropbox for their work.

Await to your fruitful solution and early response.

Thank you
Saquib

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

File Downloads really slow and failing
13 Replies
4 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post