Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Highlighted

File name: auto upload vs. manual upload

New member | Level 2

Hello everyone!

I am using Dropbox to copy pictures from my iPhone to another storage and faced a problem with file names:

1. For some reason* not all of my pictures are uploaded to Dropbox by auto save, still there is a message saying everything is ready.

* btw, let me know if you know if i am doing wrong and how to fix this in future.

2. Files uploaded automatically are named in format "yyyy-mm-dd hh.mm.ss" which I find lovevy and very useful for file organization. But when I try to manually upload the missing ones, they go "Фото dd.mm.yyyy hh mm ss", which ruins my storage system. 

Is there a way to a) upload the missing ones to Dropbox automatically or b) give files the same name format when uploaded manually (by choosing from Gallery on device).

Tnank you in advance!

Please, be patient if I am in the wrong category, I found it matching.

Also sorry if similar question already exists: I found none. Feel free to redirect me slightly smiling face

1 Reply

Re: File name: auto upload vs. manual upload

Super User II

Hi @Gina_yeah

I'm afraid there is no way to alter the naming conventions - they are different depending upon how you do it.

In terms of the auto upload they will only ever upload ONCE. So if you delete them at all they wont auto reupload and you'll need to do them manually. Also, you've not said the type of device you are using, but, Dropbox only uploads camera photos - i.e. ones in your camera roll. It doesnt do galleries/screenshot folder on Android etc.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

File name: auto upload vs. manual upload
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post