Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

File sharing: Logging time of e-mail sent to invited person

New member | Level 2

Dear Community!

I would like to know the exact time of an invitation e-mail sent by the system to a person after I shared a folder with him. Does the system log the e-mails sent by the system so I could check it somewhere at Dropbox? I found only a log that the folder has been shared with him but nothing about the e-mail sent which would be important for me. 

Thank you for the answers in advance!

Best regards,

svs100

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: File sharing: Logging time of e-mail sent to invited person

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there, when you share a folder to a user, the email should be sent more or less in the same minute to that user’s email address.

If they haven’t received it, then it could be in their junk or spam folder, or blocked by their email provider completely.

There isn’t a way to track any emails sent by Dropbox to the user at this time. though I can forward this suggestion to our dev team for their consideration in future.

Hope this info helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

File sharing: Logging time of e-mail sent to invited person
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post