Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Files and Folders not appearing in iOS 16.2.2

Explorer | Level 3

I have been a Dropbox user for years. Now since 162.2 iOS iphone 6 (upgraded just this week) I am having a serious problem.

In a folder that I was certain was in my Dropbox, I could not see it on my iOS App. That is most folders appeared in a folder I regularily used, but nothing starting with the letter D. I double checked my sort order. Both the dot icon indicated there were no folders starting with the letter D in that folder.

I then confirm in the Cloud version, and my local Finder on my Mac that the folder was indeed in the localtion I expected.

Then I searched for the file I wanted in iOS, and it found it in the the correct location, despite not being able to Navigate.

I closed all Apps and reboot the phone, and still could not Navigate to the desired folder using Files in Dropbox. I then Searched for the folder, and it found it in the correct location. After searching, I could then browse the files, and the folder appeard. However the file I had just created and was synced to other devices still did not appear in the folder.

It is like the DB for the file directory is hosed. Do people sometimes need to uninstall and reinstall the App to get the Files section to work to desplay the file/folder structure correctly in iOS, or is this version have a new bug?

1 Reply

Re: Files and Folders not appearing in iOS 16.2.2

Dropboxer

Hey @Dwight I.

Thanks for reaching out us about this. 

At first, could you please clarify if you were unable to see the folder from your Files app or the Dropbox mobile app?

Could you also try clearing the cache if the same behavior occurs again?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Files and Folders not appearing in iOS 16.2.2
1 Reply
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post