cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not showing on oculus quest

Files not showing on oculus quest

Carnage15987
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Ive linked my account to the headset but none of my files are showing even though they are supported file types. i asked oculus and was told to ask here because they said it wasnt an issue with the headset but with the service.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Carnage15987
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Mods can go ahead and delete/lock this thread...i found a workaround for it...problem was i dont have (and dont plan to have) a PC so i couldnt just plug it in and transfer but i just used my xbox to upload from the external drive the videos where on, downloaded them on to my tablet from there, reformatted them, then uploaded to google from tablet and downloaded them on to the headset from there...took a bit of time but it works 😄

View solution in original post

26 Replies 26

v_hofman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same Problem. First it worked, now it can´t find any media. But same Problem with google photos. Perhaps it´s an oculus failure. 

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for posting about this @Carnage15987

In general, a VR machine or desktop is not the best environment for Dropbox. 

I found this discussion in the Community regarding O. 

:dividers: How can I use Dropbox to transfer files to Oculus Go?

Setting up the Dropbox app on a virtual machine or desktop or sync virtual machine program files could work however, we cannot really indicate whether it would work fully as expected, considering each third party VR software, may have unexpected configurations.

Hope this clarifies things. Feel free to ask  more questions!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Melimelo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same issue happened to me. I was using dropbox under the gallery section perfectly well and suddenly it started not showing any files. I only can view folder names.

It happened i think after oculus made a system update. Not sure if it is from dropbox or from oculus.

Willnelso
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
It was working fine for me too. And then a couple weeks ago it just stopped. Google’ gdrive is still working. Might have to get a subscription.

Carnage15987
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Mods can go ahead and delete/lock this thread...i found a workaround for it...problem was i dont have (and dont plan to have) a PC so i couldnt just plug it in and transfer but i just used my xbox to upload from the external drive the videos where on, downloaded them on to my tablet from there, reformatted them, then uploaded to google from tablet and downloaded them on to the headset from there...took a bit of time but it works 😄

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you all for reporting this difficulty you are facing with the third party app. 

@Carnage15987 Special thanks for providing your workaround to help others. :innocent:

Unfortunately I don't have much to offer to help with this, as it was always questionable if Dropbox can operate on VR environments and not recommended.

I hope this discussion can continue, though so I will not accept the workaround as a solution for now.  I hope you can find more workarounds to accomplish this sync. 

If you get information from the third party side of things, feel free to add it to this thread. 

Wish I could be more helpful. Thank you all for your participation!

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

JohannesMeyer
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes me too i have the same problem. It appeared after the last Oculus Quest Update V12.
So it is an Oculus Problem and there are People already posting in the Oculus comunity support section. I hope Oculus will see it and can fix it soon, because Dropbox is one of the few ways to easily transfer files..(in my case 3D stereoscopic Pictures and Videos) to this device and into the Oculus Gallery.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the heads up @JohannesMeyer

So new to the Community, but so helpful already! :slight_smile: Welcome.

If you get more updates from the third party side of things keep us posted. 

Thanks again!

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

NugentMarc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I'm having the exact same issue. I've contacted oculus support and am waiting for a response.

An easier temporary workaround is to download files from dropbox to your phone, then stream to your quest by dlna, theres several free apps available on android which work perfectly.

You can also login to dropbox on the oculus browser and download files directly to your device.

It's annoying that its necessary, but it's a reasonable interim solution.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Melimelo New member | Level 2
    CannarWilm Explorer | Level 3
    JohannesMeyer Explorer | Level 4
    Fiona Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?