Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Re: Files reverted back to older version!

Dropboxer
Hey @atomkramer, it is indeed possible that the solutions proposed under this discussion may not apply in all similar cases, & that’s why we usually ask more details regarding someone’s circumstances, as it helps us draw a clearer picture. That said, it would be worth noting that versioning should work as expected as long as the desktop application is actively connected to our servers. 

Now, as you mentioned that you’ve been able to keep a few screensgrabs, would you mind attaching them on this discussion here using either option you see on the Spoiler below? 

(Note: please remove any personal info before doing so.)

More information
Attach image.png

I’ll do my best to follow-up on your inquiry once I have a bit more info on how this appeared on your end. Thanks in advance!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Re: Files reverted back to older version!

Explorer | Level 3

Jane, you may want to re-read my reply:  “... although there is no way of sharing screen shots of before and after”.

the version history disappearing is the part that is very bothersome.  I agree, it should be there.  It is for other docs I had accessed and modified through that same time period, therefore logic would say the same should apply to that particular file.

i have always had the same connection setup and have not changed any of my devices through that time period.  No crashes, uninstall / reinstall events during that time.

I know it happened with certainty, and spent a fair amount of time trouble shooting myself.  Unless you can find my file version history somewhere else Id focus on the other users experiencing the same and dig deeper.  I may recommit to Dropbox if I hear that this issue was found and resolved in the underplaying DB product, in the interim I’m working to find a replacement solution and will make a switch when / if I am comfortable doing so.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Files reverted back to older version!
21 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey