cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Files say finished but not

Helpful | Level 6

When uploading files from my android tablet the file will start to upload then stop saying the complete file is finished even though it isnt...i tried to upload a file that is 1.87GB and i says that it finished and the file is the right size but when i try to download it it stops at 223.66MB and will not go further. It doesnt say the file is incomplete or corrupted, it simply doesnt work. Ive tried more than once with different files but it still happens every time

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: Files say finished but not

Dropboxer

Hi @Carnage15987 - how are you today?

Can you let me know where are you downloading this file from? Are you using the mobile app or the website? 

On that note, does this file preview normally on our website? 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 6

The problem isnt where im trying to download the file to, its where im uploading from...when i upload a file from my xbox one there is no problem but when i try to upload using the app on my tablet (its an LG "G pad IV") the file will finish before it should...the file will seem to upload normally then around 4 or 5% it will jump to finished. The file is still downloadable and says its the proper size on any device u view it with but after being downloaded it will say it has no size (0b)...the video will preview normally in the app, but only a few minutes of it 

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information @Carnage15987!

Would you share a link to the problematic file with me so I can test this out on my end? 

While we're at it, have you made sure you've got enough available quota for this file to fit in your Dropbox account and upload completely? 

If you'd like to see your account's quota, you can do so from the following link directly:

https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan

Keep me posted on your findings! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Files say finished but not
3 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post