Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Files that I tried to move before didn't move, and the original folder is deleted. What can I do?

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have moved files to a new folder its been just under a month now and i have just realised that some of the files that i have moved over did not actually load. so i have thousands of files that i cannot locate. plus the old folder has now been deleted.

How do i get the files back?

Thank you in advance!

Tags (1)
2 Replies

Re: Missing Files

Star Collaborator | Level 17

Hi @camillian96,

You can try the following:

Login to your dropbox account in preferred web browser. After that go to files section. In right pane locate following option изображение.png and select it. Try to find deleted entries (files/folders) and if you are lucky click the ellipsis on the same line. From the menu select "Restore". That's it.

Good luck. winking face

Re: Missing Files

Dropboxer

Hey @camillian96. Did you manage to restore your files? Please note the Version History of a free or Plus Dropbox account is 30 days.

If not let us know. We will create a case number with you. 

(Hope you did! slightly smiling face )

Thanks!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Files that I tried to move before didn't move, and the original folder is deleted. What can I do?
2 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post