Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Re: Folder upload uncompleted

Super User

According to this Help Center Article:  https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/cache-folder

you can delete the cache.  Try deleting the cache folder as shown in the article and see if this changes anything

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks! looking forward to reading you!!

Helpful | Level 5

I cleaned the cached files, and it helped a bit. 

However, it seems that my Dropbox files (approx. 172 MG - see screenshot) remain located on my local drive (181 GB of documents), because, appart of Dropbox I now have a very limited amount files on my local drive. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 10.54.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 10.55.19 PM.png

Is there a solution to prevent the dropbox cloud files to be stored loccaly????

Super User

There is.  Theres a feature called Selective Sync.   In the settings, you go to Sync tab, and go to Selective Sync.  You select which folder that you WANT to see on your Hard Drive.  The folders that is not picked, the Client will delete from Harddrive but will keep on the cloud.  This sounds like what you want.

More info here: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/selective-sync-overview

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks!!! That was it! Fine that you helped me out!!!

Super User

I am very glad to help and also glad that you found what you were looking for

Have a good week

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Folder upload fails on Dropbox.com
25 Replies
13 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey