Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Folders not syncing between computers

New member | Level 2

I have looked on this board but haven't been able to find a solution -- I recently had to replace a home computer (Mac).  I have both a work and personal folder on Dropbox.  On this new computer, the work folder is syncing, but my personal one is not.  It had to have worked initially because the folder on the computer populated with everything in Dropbox.  But now when I make changes, it only saves to the desktop version and does not sync.  

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Folders not syncing between computers

Dropboxer
Hey Karla (@Karlaell), thanks for reaching out on this matter on the Community with his detailed message, let’s have a look together! 

It’s my understanding that you’ve already connected your personal & Business accounts online & on your Mac, though you’re not seeing any syncing icons on your personal account Karla. Am I on the right track? 

If so, then as an initial troubleshooting step, would you mind unlinking your personal account from this device (which will leave all your files intact there) once & relinking & see if this does the trick for you this time? 

In case you can’t load your syncing icons after relinking Arrows Counter Clock/ White check mark, I’d appreciate a screenshot (omitting personal info) of what you’re seeing in your next reply here, so as to get a better idea of what’s happening.

Once I have this info, I’ll make sure to focus on the issue in a bit more depth. Thanks in advance for the time you’re devoting on this & I’ll be awaiting your next message! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Folders not syncing between computers
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution