cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Discover new ways to use Dropbox or share your tips with other users like you. Get involved

yes

Getting an error about banned links when sharing a folder

New member | Level 2

HI I am looking for some help and advice, tonight I tried to share a folder and got a message user banned and I cannot understan why as I used dropbox two nights ago and no problems.

No matter whose email address I try and share files or folders I get the user banned message and as I have not broken any rules cannot understand what has gone wrong...thanks in advance

Tags (1)
12 Replies

Re: Banned user

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, it sounds like you’re experiencing something similar to this.

If this is the case, please let me know if we can reach out to your email address associated with your profile.

Thanks in advance!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi and thanks for quick reply, yes it looks very similar to what I am experiencin as the folder I am trying to share is about 3gb in size, previously that would not have been a problem.  I recently cleared out all files stored on dropbox so as to allow me to share a large folder.....thanks

New member | Level 2
Hi
I am trying to share a folder but I am receiving a message that user is banned.

How can I resolve this issue?

Dropboxer

Hey there @RKB2, welcome to the Community!

As this is related to account specific info, we'll need to go through our Support channel to look into this together.

I've reached out to the email address associated with your Community profile, please just check your inbox when you have a moment and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

Daphne

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2
Still not solved my Issue , what Should I do!

Super User II

Only Dropbox Support can assist you with this as it involves account-specific information that cannot be discussed on this public forum. Have you checked your email, as @Daphne suggested? Been in touch with Support?

New member | Level 2

Hi @Daphne,

I have the same problem when I want to share a previously shared folder with new people I got the "user is banned" error. Would you please check my account to see how can I fix this?

Thanks

Dropboxer

Hello @dezdeepblue. If the excepted solution here doesn't help you, please create a ticket directly with our support for them to check the ban on their end. https://www.dropbox.com/support

Hope this helps. 

Please have in mind we are unable to see your account or any information in Community, for privacy reasons. We can only provide information to explain how this happened. Check Jay's response above. Thank you!

Fiona

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 

New member | Level 2

My dropbox keeps telling me user is banned and i just created the dropbox account. Can this be fixed?

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Getting an error about banned links when sharing a folder
12 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post