cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Help me clean out and understand set up

New member | Level 2

I now share my Dropbox and need to go back and delete folders, make some private and basically understand how Dropbox "thinks". I have always found it hard to navigate, but it didn't matter until I started sharing the account.

im use to thinking of folders how they are layer out on a Mac, but it doesn't seem to work that way with Dropbox.

Does anyone have a primer? I've watch you tube videos but that hasn't helped. I want it to have a main page where it has main folders , but there seems to be some PDFs living by themselves and others are in folder.

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: Help me clean out and understand set up

Super User

Hello,

Dropbox does work with a normal folder structure. Over the years they have added new features, pages on their website, etc, but you can always open the Dropbox folder on your computer or at https://www.dropbox.com/home and see the files you have placed in Dropbox.

Some Dropbox features such as Dropbox Paper live outside the normal Dropbox folder, but PDFs and other files you add to Dropbox will always stay in the Dropbox folder synced to your devices.

You said you've seen some PDFs living outside of the Dropbox folder, so could you elaborate on that? That doesn't sound like normal Dropbox behavior, so if you give us more details, we can hopefully understand what's going on and how to get you back to using Dropbox as a folder.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Help me clean out and understand set up
1 Reply
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post