cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Andy took his life off of flash drives with Dropbox Folders and Paper

How Andy took his life off of flash drives with Dropbox Folders and Paper

DBXCommunity
Community Manager
35884062_10157026300346756_6917331819922718720_o.jpg

Meet Andy, a Dropbox devotee who has moved his personal and work files from flash drives to Dropbox. This is Andy’s story…

What brought me to Dropbox
Before I used Dropbox, it was such a pain transferring files between by devices when I was on the go, or needed to do work somewhere that wasn't my main computer.

I have a similar story to Drew, really. I never left my flash drive anywhere by accident, but it was a pain to carry flash drives or external hard drives around, and constantly copy data to and from them to transfer. With Dropbox, for both me, and our media production, I don't have to think about it anymore.

How I use Dropbox
Even for personal use, I've been using Dropbox for more than 8 years now, and Dropbox as a whole has just made everything so much simpler. Especially when collaborating, I find Paper to be a big help. I've used Selective Sync a bit, but as far as actual core productivity and help goes, the big two are just the application itself, and collaborating with Paper. 

In Dropbox, for the most part, I don't really have a structure. I have general folders for related things, but it's sort of all over the place, since it's all personal for the most part anyway. As far as Paper goes, I don't have a lot of structure. For work, everything tends to be organized into folders, and the main folder is shared between everyone. 

Because of how small our company is, we don't have a whole lot to organize. I myself don't have a lot of organization either. I certainly am glad Dropbox has the features it has, and I use most of them at least sometimes.

Tips for the community
  • Plan ahead and keep organized. Know what you want to do, and know your options before you actually do anything. 

Do you use Dropbox in a similar way? Have questions for Andy about their workflow? Reply below with your thoughts!

0 Replies 0
Need more support?