cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Disable camera uploads

How can I disable the Camera Uploads feature on a Windows device?

Michael A.6
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've googled this but can't find an answer. Every time I plug a new USB storage device into my Windows 10 computer the Dropbox Camera Uploads dialog pops up wanting me to import, and it's driving me mad! I've seen instructions on how to disable it on mobile devices, but the Windows Dropbox settings only allow you to choose between Photos or Photos and VIdeos, there's no disable! Changing the settings in Autoplay doesn't help because Dropbox egnores this setting for every new USB storage device.

How do I disable this infuriating pop-up once and for all??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @SharynG; welcome to our Community!

You can find all the information you need in the following Help Center article so I'd suggest that you started from there:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/photos/camera-uploads-overview

Let us know if you have any more questions! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Michael A.6
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Editing to add-

My problem is that Dropbox repeatedly hijacks and replaces my AutoPlay settings. I can change them back to Explorer, plug in a new USB device and suddenly there Dropbox is again wanting to download all my content. 

This guy sums up my experience and feelings perfectly, as well as a (hopefully not temporary) solution...

https://atelierhsn.com/disabling-dropbox-autoplay-for-good-on-windows/

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Michael A.6, sorry to hear you’re feeling this way; I’m wondering if you’ve set your Autoplay Settings to “Take No Action”, or you’ve chosen a different setting there. Could you clarify this detail for me please? 

From there Michael, kindly note that I slightly modified your post according to our Community Guidelines (which you can review at your convenience). Please let me know how you get on with my advice or if you have any follow-up questions & I’ll make sure to reach back out to you soon. Thanks again for getting in touch on the Dropbox Community & enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again!  

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Michael A.6
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Jane, thanks for your kind attention to my post.

I definitely always set the AutoPlay to have Explorer take action and open a window when a new USB device is inserted, but as soon as I insert one, Dropbox changes the settings back to Dropbox. 

The post above with deleting the Dropbox registry entries seems to have resolved the issue for the time being. If your objection was to the article itself, then I'll post the instructions here myself so that others may benefit from it in the future.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for including a bit more detail on what seems to be bothering you; now I understand your inquiry better & I’ve made sure to add your voice to the feedback we’re gathering through the Community @Michael A.6! As you’ve mentioned that you got this sorted referencing the steps outlined in the resource you linked above, I’ve restored it on my end & I’ve gone ahead & marked your last comment as the Best Answer, since it may be useful to other users having the same question in the future.

Now your thoughts help us better understand your needs whether these are positive or negative, so that’s merely a brief reminder that our Community Wall is always open to your questions or observations. Thanks for posting us here on the matter & take care until we talk again! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

SharynG
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the identical problem.  Is there any way to disable camera uploads on a Windows PC?????? I hope so.  thank you

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @SharynG; welcome to our Community!

You can find all the information you need in the following Help Center article so I'd suggest that you started from there:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/photos/camera-uploads-overview

Let us know if you have any more questions! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Altoonafish
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Broken link. 

DropBox: Let's get this hijacking fixed!!!!!

Altoonafish
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

DropBox on Win10 started popping up an intrusive message with every USB and CD inserted. None of you instructions worked. Some don't even follow the menues on your latest Win 10 desktop app. I'm uninstalling DropBox and using Google and Amazon. Let me know when you get this issue fixed and I'll consider reinstalling.

Michael A.6
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am the OP and I don't think I accepted the "solution" above as the solution.

I use a lot of different storage devices so I was encoutnring this issue constantly. It became maddening and I finally moved on from Dropbox even though I was a paying customer. So to hear that it is STILL happening is crazy.

Need more support?