Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

How can I embed Lucidchart diagrams in Paper?

New member | Level 1

We've been trying out Paper for a while now, and are absolutely loving it. With the new mobile apps, we're ready to migrate our entire knowledge base over to Paper.

As many of our documents consist of diagrams, it would be so great if we could directly embed the Lucidchart diagrams in Paper documents, much like Youtube or any other direct media embeds work.

Currently, we're exporting static images, but then we lose live updates, and diagram interactivity (which is quite useful in large and complex diagrams). Since Lucidchart natively supports embeddable exports, an integration of this kind seems natural.

I'm sure we're not the only ones with such use-cases so I thought a feature request is appropriate.

There are many wikis out there which support these embeds, most notable of which is Notion, but we prefer immediacy of input we find in Paper's web and mobile apps over the usual wiki's formality and complexity. In an ever-evolving environment, everything's chronically out-of-date if the knowledge base itself isn't a place of in-context collaboration and content creation by both desktop and mobile users.

Thanks so much for hearing us out!

5 Replies

Re: Lucidchart Embeds

New member | Level 1

That's a great idea, Bruno. I'm one of the Product Managers for Lucidchart, and we're very committed to building out these kinds of integrations so that our customers can use and embed their diagrams wherever they need to be. We've had a lot of success with similar integrations in Confluence, Jira, Microsoft Office, and Google Docs/Drive, so Dropbox Paper seems like a great fit!

We'll try to reach out to the Dropbox Paper team to see if there's a way for Lucidchart diagrans to be embedded in Paper documents.

New member | Level 1

Hi Anthony,

thanks so much for taking our use case into consideration. In the meantime, we've tried many workarounds, none of which can support live updates.

I've discovered that Paper automatically unfurls pasted links from anywhere which is nice, so I've tried publishing a link from Lucidchart, and pasting it there. Although it does set the image, it seems to cache it, and not update its contents as the diagram lives on in Lucidchart.

We're huge fans of Paper, as it's like a marriage between Google Docs and Medium, so it's perfect for internal and external knowledge sharing and collaboration. And as for diagramming, we've recently signed up for Lucidchart's trial as it seems to be the only service out there which supports cross-platform collaboration (desktop, tablet, mobile), in-context commenting (much like Paper's comments work, but on shapes) and a vast library of shapes. The only thing missing are these live embeds into our knowledge base.

Should you require any additional info in regards to our workflow or use-cases, please just let me know!

New member | Level 1

Bruno – I'd be very interested to hear more. Can you reach out to support@lucidchart.com with "ATTN: Anthony Morelli" in the subject line? That will let me reach out directly to better understand how you want to use Lucidchart along with the rest of your tools.

New member | Level 1

Hi Anthony,

will do! Thanks again!

Dropboxer

Hey fellas - I'm just revisiting old threads and bumped into this one. 

Just to let you know I'm closing this thread as this integration is live already. You can find more information below: 

https://blog.dropbox.com/topics/product/folders-airtable-lucidchart

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How can I embed Lucidchart diagrams in Paper?
5 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post