Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Highlighted

How can I have my case escalated?

Explorer | Level 4

How do you escalate a technical issue past the usual ineffective support deask?

My files (Professional member) got out of sync and for two weeks I have had a string of useless things to do from support.  They say it cannot be escalated.  How can that be? If the technicial cannot resolve the problem surely there is SOMEONE at dropbox who can assist?

Hugely frustrated......

Tags (1)
12 Replies

Re: How to escalate?

Super User II

What is your ticket number?

Dropboxer

Sorry you hear your experience was not pleasant @TD-SA

Thank you for participating in our Community and for giving us your feedback. 

An issue can only be escalated by the first level of support, after all the troubleshooting steps this level of support provides are taken.

I would be more than happy to follow up with the communications you have with us and check if the steps provided are what should have been done in your case and even escalate if appropriate. 

We definitely want to turn this experience around for you and solve your issue. 

I will do my best. Please provide me with your ticket numbers. 

Thank you for your time and patience! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Fiona

Thank you

Ticket numbers as follows:

#9736846 - says solved.  Wan't

#9726425 - in progress, no reolution

#9796835 - support experience ticket - in progress with a phone call scheduled tonight my time

#9812646 - new ticket today after online chat to try to get a resolution. Now needs to reopen an new ticket

My frustration levels are huge.  I have wasted hours and hours of time I don't have.  I am fed up and my annoyance is coming through on the support responses.

Maybe the phone call tonight with Maria (ticket above) may assist by putting me through to ta technical person that can actually resolve the problem, rather than the usual copy/paste answers given by support.

Thanks, Tony

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Rich

See my response to Fiona for ticket numbers etc.

Thanks for responding, Tony

Dropboxer

Thank you for the ticket numbers Tony. Again sorry for the frustration caused. 

Currently we are not set up to support with call backs. We can only receive calls from Business admins. Allow me to explain that creating multiple tickets for the same issue does not help or make the process faster. The cases you have open are with our specialized team/escalated already. Chatting again for the same issue only gets you back to the first level of support to get the same troubleshooting steps you have already taken. 

Also keep in mind that if you send the same request twice our agents respond to just one of the communications and close the others. I will review the open once and make sure to add notes to all. (Example: #9736846)

We will do our best to assist you with this. Keep an eye out for our next email response. 

Thank you!

Fiona

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Fiona

Just a point to note:  I have not created new tickets - your team has.

One was closed - not sure why.

They then re-opened unfder a new ticket number.  Not sure why.

Then a custemoer service ticket - still open

Now a new ticket when I went to online chat to see if I could get some response as I cannot continue to work like this.  The support guy Derek created a new ticket, even though he had the old ticket info. 

The process in the dropbox support team is poor and should be re-looked at if this is the result.  This is not a user problem as far as I can see.

Thanks for following up.

Tony

Dropboxer

Thank you for all the additional info and your efforts to be updated about your case Tony @TD-SA . All chats get a follow up email for us to make sure you have the transcript and any further assistance you may need from them.  I will make sure we maintain one Communication with you and do our best for your problem to be solved as soon as possible. I have already added notes and feedback to all related tickets. 

I would be glad to hear from you again and I hope your issue gets resolved really really soon.

Wish I could be more helpful with this via Community. 

Fiona

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks.  Tony

Collaborator | Level 8

when you ask from someone 199 euro every year and call this account professional then you must act accordingly. Copy paste ready in advance answers wont help. Your customer support needs real experts not people that only chat with you with no result.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How can I have my case escalated?
12 Replies
2 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post