Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Re: Changes in files same time in Dropbox as on HD

New member | Level 2

yes as long as Dropbox is installed on your desktop and you're signed in, it will sync everything in your online dropbox to your HD.

New member | Level 2
Thanks, I'm gonna try
Highlighted

Super User II

@JohanT wrote:

So, when I make changes in a file in dropbox and I save it, the same changes are made in the same file on HD?

To be clear...

If you edit a file within your Dropbox folder and you have a copy of the same file located elsewhere on your computer, the copy WILL NOT be updated when you edit the one within Dropbox. That's not what Dropbox does.

Files you edit within the Dropbox folder on your computer are uplaoded to your Dropbox account online, and synced to any other computers linked to your account.

Files you expect to sync to your account online must be located in the Dropbox folder. Remember, the expectation is that you MOVE files into the Dropbox folder. The Dropbox folder becomes their new home.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How can I make sure that when I edit a file on my computer it changes in Dropbox too?
12 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey