cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Photos

How can I move some photos into a folder?

kc6500
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

How do you move photos to a file?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey again @kc6500,

You can indeed do this from your desktop Dropbox folder. You can select all the photos that you want to move in the Camera uploads folder. Then, you can either drag and drop them to the new folder, or you can right click and cut (or copy) and paste them inside the new folder.

When you move the photos out of the Camera uploads folder, they photos won’t be automatically uploaded back into this folder again as the Dropbox app “tracks” which photos it has already uploaded.

Let me know how it goes - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @kc6500,

I’m not 100% on exactly what you are wanting to do there, are you wanting to move photos within your account to a folder perhaps? If not, can you please elaborate on this a little for me please.

If you want to move files via the website, you can do the following:

1. Navigate to the files you want to move in your File page online.
  2. Select the files you want to move by selecting the check boxes to the left of the file name.
  3. Once they are selected, click the option “Move” to the right of the web page.

If you are using the desktop app and have your files syncing locally to your computer in the Dropbox folder, you can move the photos the same way you would any other files on your computer. You can drag and drop the selected files or cut/copy and paste them into the new location.

Hope this helps, let me know - Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

kc6500
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi I'm using the desktop app, I have photos in the camera upload and I wanted to move them into a file. Can that be done?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey again @kc6500,

You can indeed do this from your desktop Dropbox folder. You can select all the photos that you want to move in the Camera uploads folder. Then, you can either drag and drop them to the new folder, or you can right click and cut (or copy) and paste them inside the new folder.

When you move the photos out of the Camera uploads folder, they photos won’t be automatically uploaded back into this folder again as the Dropbox app “tracks” which photos it has already uploaded.

Let me know how it goes - Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

kc6500
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, ok I'll try it and let you know; thanks!

kc6500
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I must be doing something wrong; I select the photos in the photo upload section but then I can't right click or copy the photos, it won't let me do anything.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @kc6500,

Would you mind sending me a screenshot of exactly what you see and where you have selected the files and are trying to copy them? This would help me understanding exactly the issue you are facing, please try to exclude any personal info in your screenshot though as this is a public forum.

Looking forward to your reply - Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

kc6500
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Here's a picture of what I'm trying to put in my fileHere's a picture of what I'm trying to put in my file

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @kc6500, thanks for that screenshot!

So from what I can see, you are using the Dropbox app for Windows 10 in S mode and viewing these images from the Photos tab. Currently, it’s not possible to move items while viewing them in the Photos tab. The S mode app is a little different to the desktop app for computers as it doesn’t sync your files locally so it’s similar to viewing your account from the website.

You will need to locate the images from your Files tab and then you will have the ability to select and move them into a folder. To go to your Files tab, you need to click the folder icon from the left pane, from here.

Hope this helps - Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

kc6500
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ok, so which is better, to use the app or use the website with Windows 10?

Need more support?