cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I prevent my pics from uploading automatically to Dropbox when I plug my phone into my PC?

How can I prevent my pics from uploading automatically to Dropbox when I plug my phone into my PC?

mmllr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When I plug my phone into my computer (windows) it automatically starts uploading pictures into dropbox. I don't see anywhere on my computer to access dropbox preferences. I have Win 10 (with a win 7 emulator installed). I don't see a dropbox app/program anywhere.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @mmllr - welcome to the Dropbox Community!

You can change the automatic camera uploads import preferences from within your Dropbox preferences on your computer. To do this, you can do the following on your Windows device: 

• Click the Dropbox icon in the system tray at the bottom right of your screen and then click on the gear in the Notifications panel.
• Select "Preferences".
• In the window that appears, click on "Change AutoPlay Settings".
• In the AutoPlay settings, scroll down and choose the camera you want to change settings for. It will likely have "Import pictures and video using Dropbox" as the default.
• Click on the drop-down menu and choose "Ask me every time" or choose a different application for importing according to your needs.

If you cannot locate the Dropbox icon within your desktop's system tray, you might need to re-install our desktop app and try anew. 

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @mmllr - welcome to the Dropbox Community!

You can change the automatic camera uploads import preferences from within your Dropbox preferences on your computer. To do this, you can do the following on your Windows device: 

• Click the Dropbox icon in the system tray at the bottom right of your screen and then click on the gear in the Notifications panel.
• Select "Preferences".
• In the window that appears, click on "Change AutoPlay Settings".
• In the AutoPlay settings, scroll down and choose the camera you want to change settings for. It will likely have "Import pictures and video using Dropbox" as the default.
• Click on the drop-down menu and choose "Ask me every time" or choose a different application for importing according to your needs.

If you cannot locate the Dropbox icon within your desktop's system tray, you might need to re-install our desktop app and try anew. 

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?