cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: post picture from text

How can I upload a picture from a text message to Dropbox?

LDom
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

how can I post a picture from a text to dropbox WITHOUT needing to add an email, name, or group?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @LDom,

Thanks a lot for that! I was able to view the screenshots through the link.

When you click that share icon in the bottom left corner of the screen, from the bottom row of options can you scroll to the right to view some more options? You should see an option to "Save/Copy to Dropbox" instead.

The small box with the upward arrow you see in the bottom left corner is a sharing icon. So when you then click the Dropbox option afterwards, it is requesting you to add information to not only upload but share the file too.

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @LDom,

Can you let me know a bit more info about what you would like to do? For example, do you have the Dropbox app installed on your mobile? How are you trying to upload the photos to Dropbox right now?

Also, please let me know the OS of your mobile device.

Let me know - Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

LDom
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi; what I would like to do is click on a photo in a text message and upload it to drop box WITHOUT having to enter an email, name or group.

See pictures attached;

1. Picture in text message
  2. After clicking icon lower left corner
  3. After clicking dropbox icon

So I tried to link the photo (noted in #1,2,3 above) but the "drag photos/files here" didn't work.  I also tried to link the shared folder with the photo - nope that didn't work either....

Thanks for your help!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @LDom,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to see any screenshots in your reply. Can you try and add them in your reply by using either of the highlights options below:

How to add a screenshot.How to add a screenshot.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

LDom
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @LDom,

Thanks a lot for that! I was able to view the screenshots through the link.

When you click that share icon in the bottom left corner of the screen, from the bottom row of options can you scroll to the right to view some more options? You should see an option to "Save/Copy to Dropbox" instead.

The small box with the upward arrow you see in the bottom left corner is a sharing icon. So when you then click the Dropbox option afterwards, it is requesting you to add information to not only upload but share the file too.

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

LDom
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

got it, thanks

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear the info was helpful @LDom!

If you have any other questions about this then please feel free to give me a nudge here.

Have a great day - Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

LDom
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

thanks again

Need more support?