Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

How can sharing help me collaborate?

Explorer | Level 3

When sharing how does it work for collaberation?

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: How can sharing help me collaborate?

Dropboxer

Hello @Kbrian494nerd face

Dropbox allows you to easily collaborate, sharing your ideas in the form of files and folders with Dropbox users and even non Dropbox usersScream Cat

We have a few different sharing features you can use and we are always working to have more. Clicking the blue hyperlinks below, you will find guidance steps for all: 

• The "Share" button: Allows you to send the folder, typing someones email and provide edit or view rights. For this feature the receiver will be prompt to create an account if he doesn't have one already. This is because this folder has been sent to him and needs to be saved somewhere. Note: The folder takes up space in all accounts participating in this share. 
  • Shared links: They are paths Dropbox creates for view only access to your files. You can send them even to people that don't have a Dropbox account. They don't take up space from the receivers account. 
  • Dropbox transfers: With this feature you don't have to worry about setting permissions or storage. Great way to send large files. 
  • Dropbox Paper: Paper is a tool to create docs and collaborate live. You can see all the additions and edition in s shared Paper doc live! books Via Paper you can create the following:
  • Last but not least, Showcase: An exciting way to create a presentation and keep track of viwer info, directly via your Dropbox! Dart One of my favorite features. 

This is a brief review of what you can do to collaborate via Dropbox. I can definitely make this post longer. grinning face with smiling eyes 

I would be happy to discuss more about this!

Thank you!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How can sharing help me collaborate?
1 Reply
1 Like
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post