Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

yes

How do I Rename Uploaded Videos?

New member | Level 2

I have uploaded videos of individuals.  They have uploaded as MVI_0501.mp.  I understand why they uploaded that way.  However, I would like to rename them to the individual's name who is on the recording.  I have 30 such videos and I am going to share the link to the folder with one person who will be sending the videos out to the respective persons.  I can see from other help tips how to get to the "Rename" dropdown.  However, once I do that all it does is check the file and then it doesn't show me where to type the new name.  If I click on the video it takes me to the play screen.  I can't change it there either.

How do I rename a video file from start to finish?  Thanks.

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: How do I Rename Uploaded Videos?

Dropboxer

Hi @WCAT!

Thanks for joining the Dropbox Community. It's the right place to get help with all your Dropbox questions. slightly smiling face

Please add a screenshot of what you see so I can see whare you are  and advise. 

Thanks!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi Fiona -

I didn't realize I would get such a quick reply!  I ended up calling Dropbox support.  However, I ended up figuring it out on my own while on the call.  It's very weird but Dropbox acted differently for the first 3 videos I tried to rename.  The first one which I did while on the call confused the support person because it shouldn't have behaved that way.  The second one I think acted more like what the support person was expecting.  In any event, problem solved!  Thanks for responding so quickly!

Dropboxer

Thank you for getting back to me to let me know the issue is solved. 

See you around in Community. slightly smiling face Have a nice week! Coffee

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How do I Rename Uploaded Videos?
3 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post