Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

How do I get a list of all deleted files and their paths

Explorer | Level 3

When I log into Dropbox and view Deleted Files I see things like...
   abc.jpg and 999 more files

If I click on it I can't see what 999 files are. Why not? It doesn't even show me the complete path where they are stored.
I can't remember the names of thousands of files. I need to see the path to make sense of it.
It seems my only option is to restore them all and then view them.
Also the list of deleted files is spaced so far apart I only see 5 at a time on the screen.
I need something like a Log file that shows all the files and their complete path. Surely that has to exist somewhere on the system or you couldn't keep track of everything.
How do I access this type of info?

Thanks!

3 Replies

Re: How do I get a list of all deleted files and their paths

Dropboxer

Hello @mrzippy55 - how are you today?

Can you take a look at https://www.dropbox.com/events which gives you an overview of all activity in your account including files events (adds/edits/deletes), as well as adding or removing shared folders and let me know if this does the trick for you?

Adds, edits, and deletes that happened at roughly the same time are grouped together in Events while these events are sorted by time, starting with the most recent changes at the top of the page.

As per navigating through your deleted files, you can try adjusting your browser's zoom levels to have a better view.

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Yes I've tried the hidden /events page. That is even worse.
I get a line like...
   You deleted 4387 files

I click on it and get a list of all the files but no path, just individual file names.
How many people can keep track of 4387 file names? I put files in nested subfolders to organize them. Without the context of the path a list of 4387 files is of no use.

Surely there is something better than this?

Dropboxer

I'm afraid I don't have anything else to offer at this time @mrzippy55

Feel free to submit a feature request for what would make your work-flow better in our 'Share an Idea' section so other same-minded users can find and upvote it too to show their interest: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful than this.

This post is closed due to inactivity. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How do I get a list of all deleted files and their paths
3 Replies
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post