Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

How do I get rid of a shared foler?

Level 2

I have a folder with subfolders that, inspite of repeated attempts to delete, keeps coming back. I want to be rid of this folder and subfolders. How do I do it.

I have added files to it and then tried to delete the folder, no success.

I have changed its name and the original folder comes back with the old name. Now I have the original plus a new folder with a different name. It did allow me to delete the new folder.

I have done on the iOS platform and directly on the web at the dropbox site, no success.

I simply need help resolving this. Thank you all for the help.

I have seen this posted and I am surprised that no one from Dropbox has come back with an answer. Does Dropbox care about customer satisfaction or simply about selling space?

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: How do I get rid of a shared foler?

Dropboxer

Hey there @InvernoGameiro - sorry to hear you're having issues with deleting a folder from your account. 

Do you have the desktop app installed by any chance? Can you delete it from there perhaps? 

As you noticed, often when you delete files or folders, they don’t immediately disappear from every synced computer and device. If you have a synced computer running an application that is using the file, that will cause the file to reappear in your Dropbox account. Or, if you’re seeing a shared file or folder reappear after deletion, it may be that a person you shared it with is accessing it.

To check and see if another computer or person is accessing a file, you can look at the previous versions of the file. Learn how to check the previous versions in this Help Center article: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/restore-delete/recover-older-versions

If you check the previous versions of the file and see that it was accessed from an application on another computer, you can delete it off of that computer to stop it from reappearing in your Dropbox.

Note: As you can’t view previous versions of a folder, if you’re seeing a folder reappear, you'll need to check the files inside the folder.

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How do I get rid of a shared foler?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post