Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

yes

Re: Uploading a Folder

Super User

not necessarily, we want you to be happy, regardless of how you use Dropbox.  Just let us know how we can strive to help you

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Helpful | Level 7

Thank you for your very kind help and support, Chris.    I have not yet gotten on with this, i.e., re-installed Dropbox or tried some of the other steps you suggested, but I will devote tomorrow morning to it.    This morning, I used the WeTransfer site which I had never explored or used before.    It is custom made for techno-simpletons like me and I was able to follow their very short and easy to follow instructions and send my huge 56 folders within one gigantic folder to a colleague in Canada.    It could not have been easier.   All I did was Zip the folder, add it to their little form and click on Transfer.    Easy-Peasy.    No syncing lights or colored arrows.     I will keep you posted.

Larry1156

Helpful | Level 7

Hi Chris    -    Yesterday afternoon and this morning I tried to re-install Dropbox as you suggested a couple of days ago but it failed each time I tried.   It would install part way and then quit due to "Error 2".    I am afraid that's it for me.    Dropbox has already cost me 10 to 12 hours of down time and I just do not have any more time to spare.    So I will have to cancel my membership and hopefully stop the $9.99 monthly charges being made to my bank account.    I expect the Dropbox cancellation process will be another nightmare to navigate, so I hope I can come back here for help if needed?    Thanks for all of your support and help.    Some days it's just too wet to plow.

Larry1156

Dropboxer

Hey Larry1156, sorry to hear that you're feeling this way! 

I'm here to send over some tips to sync your files & folders to your account online. You may keep in mind that, should you want to proceed to resolution regarding the "error 2" message you've received, you could follow the steps outlined here

Secondly, an alternative to get your files online would be to upload them using the website uploader. You could navigate here & choose between the "Upload files" or the "New folder" options. 

Hope this advice is helpful to you, though please keep us updated here if you need more details! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 7

Hi Jane    -    Thank you very much for your helpful instructions.    Quite frankly, I am painfully perplexed over this entire Dropbox issue.    Last week I took my computer in to a repair shop and had them de-install and re-install my Win 10 and Win Office 10 software, so I am now in a position to give this tedious and very complicated (to me, anyway) process another go.    But the fact is that I use Dropbox very, very little over the course of a year, in fact not at all in the past 6 months.    My usage is certainly not enouth to justify the $9.99/month that I am paying, and certainly not since I tried the Dropbox competitor, WeTransfer, which is very simple and easy to use.    I just hope I can successfully cancel my subscription/membership.   I fear they have made that process insurmountably difficult, too.

Thanks again for your offer to help,

Larry1156

Dropboxer

Hey @Larry1156, I understand! 

As this is a payment-related matter, to further assist, please write in to us here: https://t.co/JardDhmujS, where we can access your account details and include your ticket ID in your next reply here, so that I look up for your request internally and make sure that a colleague gets on it as soon as possible. 

(Note: Your ticket number should be a 7 digit number, which allows us to look for your ticket on our system. You should be able to see it in the email heading that you receive as soon as you submit your request.)

Thanks & I'll be awaiting your next message here! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 7

Hi Jane    -

Here we go again......................................I followed your instructions and clicked on the link you provided  -  this is what I got:

Select what your issue is about:

Super User

well, since it's about Billing issues, you would select Billing and Payments, right?

then Click on Email now and give the description of the issue and Perhaps give them this thread url

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Dropboxer

Hey Larry1156, you'll have to follow this flow, in order to submit a ticket: 

Once you're on the Support page, go to "Email", then "Billing & Payments", go to the button "Email now", choose "My account" if you're already connected & choose your payment type (as well as any action you'd like our team to perform on your behalf on the empty field at the bottom). 

Hope this is helpful & I'll be awaiting your ticket ID here! 

Jane

Helpful | Level 7

All of your instructions followed and the overly inquisitive form about my credit card filled out and submitted.    Now I am to wait 24 hours for an e-mail with something called a "Ticket Number", and then I am to bring that back here and give it to Jane?     Around and around we go.    

Larry1156

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How do I share a folder with someone that's on my computer?
25 Replies
7 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey