Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Re: Uploading a Folder

Helpful | Level 7

Jane    -

Here is what they sent me:

Ticket #7154872: DB:

Hey there,

Your question is safely in our support team's inbox. We'll reach out for more details or with a solution.

The Dropbox Support team

P.S. Visit the Dropbox Community to learn about our typical response times:
https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Announcements/Dropbox-Customer-Support-Levels/m-p/214386/thread-id/1...

[RKK9O6-MWD5]

I hope that will help you help me withdraw from the clutches of Dropbox.    That's all I want to do:   quit Dropbox and stop them from continuing to charge my credit card $9.99 a month.    That's all I want.

Thank you,

Larry1156

Super User II

Have you tried to cancel your subscription yourself yet? I don't see it mentioned here, and it's certainly something you can do yourself without having to wait for Support to do it for you.

Log in to the Dropbox website and go to your Account page. At the very bottom of the Plan tab you'll see a section where you can cancel your plan. Click the Cancel plan link.

fcd9e20da71c02fa34be8ebd39dc8a62.png

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 7

Hi Rich    -    O.K., I found what you pointed me to but I need some additional information.    If I understand what it said, as soon as I delete my account every folder and file that I have ever received via Dropbox, and since last February have paid c. $100 for ($9.99 x 9), is immediately taken away and I no longer have access to it?    Some of this material resides in My Documents on my "C" Drive and I had no idea that Dropbox could just go into my harddrive and take what they wanted.    Have I got that right?     I still need 7 of those folders, i.e., the ones on my harddrive.    So some further elaboration here would be appreciated as something doesn't sound right.

Larry1156

Super User II

Larry1156 wrote:

... as soon as I delete my account every folder and file that I have ever received via Dropbox, and since last February have paid c. $100 for ($9.99 x 9), is immediately taken away and I no longer have access to it?

No.

Cancelling your plan won't delete your account. It will just cancel your paid subscription. Your account will continue as is until the end of the billing period (if you're paying monthly and you're in the middle of the cycle, you'll stay a Plus user until the end of the cycle). Basically, cancelling the plan just stops your account from auto-renewing on your next billing cycle.

At the end of that cycle your account will be downgraded to a Basic (i.e. free) account. No files will be deleted. Any files you've received will still be there. The only thing that will happen is, if you're above your storage quota as a result of cancelling, syncing will stop. Any new or changed files you add on one computer will not sync to your account or other devices. Once you bring your account back below your storage quota, syncing would resume.

I had no idea that Dropbox could just go into my harddrive and take what they wanted.

Dropbox can't do that. It can't delete your files. They can delete your account under certain circumstances, which would remove your files from your account online, but it cannot delete the files on your computer without you initiating it.

Helpful | Level 7

Thanks, Rich.    I just wrote a longer reply but Dropbox ate it when I tried to toggle back to page 2 of 3.    I'll just says your reply answered all of my questions and I am very happy that Dropbox will not take my folders and files away.

I think I have to wait to hear from Jane and/or from Customer Service re my Ticket message sent yesterday before I take any action on my own?

Larry 1156

Helpful | Level 7

Rich    -    all squared away here.    Two e-mails received from Customer Support stating that they have stopped debiting my bank account for the monthly charge.    Thank you very much for sticking with this to the end.    I tried to activate the "Accept as a Solution" and the "Kudos" buttons but I couldn't get either of them to work.    If there was a button that could be clicked that would take us all back to the pre-digital, device-free 1950's I'd try and click that one, too.    relieved face

Thanks again,

Larry1156

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How do I share a folder with someone that's on my computer?
25 Replies
7 Likes
Solved! : See solution