cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turnoff selective sync

How do I turnoff selective sync

Byron P.
New member | Level 1

I have one computer that I sync my dropbox folder (with lots of sub-folders) to dropbox.com  For some unknown reason selective sync was turned on but two folders where not checked.  How do I tell dropbox to forget about selective sync and just do what it was originally setup to do; sync all data within my dropbox folder?

5 Replies 5

Jonathan O.10
New member | Level 1

Hi Byron,

Thanks for posting this question on our Forum. I'll be happy to help you with this.

To sync everything from your Dropbox account to your computer, simply make sure that every folder is ticked in the Selective Sync settings. To read more about how to use Selective Sync, please see our Help Center article:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/175

Best regards,

Andreas

Byron P.
New member | Level 1

So every time I add a new folder under /dropbox, I have to go to selective sync and check the box.  If I forget then the contents of the new folder is never ever sync'ed.  Hum, I would not say this is user friendly.

BP

Jonathan O.10
New member | Level 1

When you add a new folder, the folder is automatically checked to sync. Rather, you have to uncheck it to not automatically sync to your computer.

peter m.86
New member | Level 1

I have selective synch set up on one computer, but only wanted to do this as a temporary measure.  I'd now like to have all dropbox folders automatically synched on this computer.  I've read the thread above.  If I create a new folder on that computer it will auto synch. But what happens if I add a new folder on a second computer that is not set to selective synch.  Will I always have to remember to go to the second computer and manually check those folders from now on?  Seems like there ought to be an easier way.  Can I unlink dropbox on the computer with selective synch and then link it again and do not select synch the second time?

Pawel Z.
New member | Level 1

I had few folders removed from synchronization in Selective Sync feature. Right now I want them back on my PC's hard drive so I went to Selective Sync and ticked the checkboxes next to each folder.

Unfortunately Dropbox does not download those folder to my HD. What should I do?

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Pawel Z. New member | Level 1
    peter m.86 New member | Level 1
    Jonathan O.10 New member | Level 1
    Byron P. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?