Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Highlighted

How long are links banned

New member | Level 1

Got a temporary ban due to a large video on my public folder. I reactivated it thinking the activity would die off but got a full ban notice today so I've now removed the file. Is this ban permanent or temporary? If the latter how long will it last?

Tags (1)
18 Replies

Re: How long are links banned

Super User II

The first bandwidth related ban is usually temporary, lasting approximately 72 hours.

New member | Level 1

Thanks Rich!

New member | Level 1

And what if I got banned again (because I didn't know which file was causing the trouble)?

New member | Level 1

My links have been banned for almost a YEAR. Absolutely no communication from Dropbox or reply to several requests as to what;s going on.

Super User II

How are you contacting them? Unless it's via a ticket, you won't get a response.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Super User II

A first-time suspension for a bandwidth overage is 24-72 hours and will be lifted automatically. Each subsequent suspension lasts longer. If you're a Basic user, upgrading to Pro will also clear a bandwidth related suspension (because it increases your limit from 20GB/day to 200GB/day).

There are other reasons suspensions occur as well, and due to privacy concerns, the message will always say that it's bandwidth related. The file could have been reported as part of a DMCA request, it could contain a virus or malware, etc. There are many other reasons. In these cases, the suspensions are not lifted automatically and you need to contact Support.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

New member | Level 1

Rich that's where I have tried to submit the ticket except that when you follow the link to links, you are blocked out from proceeding so I just filled out a ticket for "other".

Super User II

And did you ever check the status of that ticket at the link above?

New member | Level 1

Um, I posted my thread before I posted in here so please unlock my other post OK? This is the duplicate post the first one was my original. Because my account is still locked after a year and nobody has contacted me.

In fact I was given absolutely no trouble ticket number or reference or anything it swallowed my information and did absolutely nothing after that except say that they would email me back.

Otherwise there would be an email in this very email that I opened it to respond to this and there is nothing there just like there was nothing there a year ago. So if you can't help me can you refer me to somebody who can?

The way that dropbox helpdesk is set up specifically prohibits anybody from opening up a trouble ticket related to locked links. And it appears to me that the policy which you are actually promoting, is to completely ignore every single request to talk about it and find out why.

So because you absolutely did not answer my question please unlock my other post. Thank you.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How long are links banned
18 Replies
5 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post