cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

How to Access Download Link Using An Android Browser Not The APP?

New member | Level 2

I'm trying to share some files with a friend who does not have a dropbox account. He lives in a rural area, has limited internet access through his Android mobile device, and does not want to install the app. How can he download from the shared folder link I sent to him via a browser on his phone without having to install the app?

4 Replies

Re: How to Access Download Link Using An Android Browser Not The APP?

Super User II

If the device supports it, there's a Direct Download option under the elipsis (three dots ... ) in the upper-right corner of the page.

New member | Level 2

When the GO TO FOLDER link is tapped from the email under Andriod, a page comes up saying YOU MUST INSTALL THE APP. There's no option for direct download under the elepsis. Perhaps if I shared each file individually rather than the folder they're in...?

Super User II

Did you use a Shared Folder or a Share Link?

A shared folder requires a Dropbox account. If you just want to provide view and download access without the need for a Dropbox account, use a share link instead.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Thanks, emailing share links for the files individually worked and my friend was able to download them w/o installing anything. 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How to Access Download Link Using An Android Browser Not The APP?
4 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey