cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to fix dropbox upload duplicated pictures when I move them out of camera folder?

How to fix dropbox upload duplicated pictures when I move them out of camera folder?

Victor001
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

1 step: I move them out of camera folder. 2 step: I open iCloud photo Sync. then... Dropbox will upload all photos which I moved out of camera folder to the folder again. Frustrated...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Perfect. 

Just emailed you! Get back to me with example file names of the files you are referring to and the folder name and path of the folder you added them to.

I am looking forward to your reply to investigate the upload events. Thanks again!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello there @Victor001!

Dropbox automatically uploads the pictures you have in your camera folder. Moving the files out of this folder, should prevent Dropbox from uploading them automatically. In general, the Camera uploads feature of the Dropbox mobile app can only "see" the camera folder of your device. 

iCloud is a third party service that has nothing to do with your Dropbox. :thinking:

I need to investigate how what you are reporting is happening. You can help me providing the following:

• A screenshot of the Camera Uploads settings in the Dropbox app.
  • A screenshot of the Dropbox permissions settings. 
    (Note: These are settings for your device, not the Dropbox app.)
    On iOS, find this by opening the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad, and then tapping “Dropbox.”
    On Android, find this by opening system “Settings” and finding “Dropbox” in the “Apps” section.
  •  Finally I will need a screenshot of your iCloud Photo settings? You can find this by opening the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad, then tapping “iCloud,” and then “Photos.” (Note: These are settings for your device, not the Dropbox app.)

Looking forward to the additional info to troubleshoot. 

Thanks in advance!

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Victor001
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

2019-09-26 00.04.45.png2019-09-26 00.03.41.png

I change a new iPhone, so iCloud seems download photos from cloud?

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you for the screenshots @Victor001

Not sure what you mean when saying iCloud seems to download photos from the cloud. :no_mouth:

Can you please clarify that and also send me a screenshot showing the duplicates in your Dropbox, if this is not a problem?

If it is, I would like to email you to investigate this further. I can use the email associated with your Community profile if you wish. 

Thanks. 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Victor001
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I mean:

1. camera folder have 10 photos, I moved 3 of them to A folder in dropbox.

2. Change a new iPhone, Pay for icloud(first time), and about 2 weeks later, I noticed dropbox upload the 3 photos to camera folder.

3. So I have two copy of the 3 photos, one in camera folder, the other in A folder.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

We will need to switch to email so I can see in what order the photos where uploaded to these locations. If camera uploads added them first and then you moved them to the other folder, it is an expected behavior to have them saved twice. 

The third party service is not related to your Dropbox mobile uploads. 

Let me know if it is OK to reach out to you to the address you have under your Community profile @Victor001

Thank you. 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Victor001
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Yes, thx.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Perfect. 

Just emailed you! Get back to me with example file names of the files you are referring to and the folder name and path of the folder you added them to.

I am looking forward to your reply to investigate the upload events. Thanks again!

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?