Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

How to get only new documents in folder uploaded, and not copied over each time by Dropbox??????

New member | Level 2

Each time I start a chat with tech people the chat disappears.  SO --- how do I prevent DropBox from recopying over every single document in a file each time I update?  I only want the newest files added, and not have to wait an hours for it to recopy each older file in the folder?

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: How to get only new documents in folder uploaded, and not copied over each time by Dropbox??????

Dropboxer

Hey there @djj723,

If you're uploading files via the website then you can just upload the individual files instead of the whole folder. 

Otherwise, if you're using the desktop app, it will only sync new additions to the folder and just index the files within the Dropbox folder for any changes.

If this doesn't quite hit the mark then please give me a bit more detail of the exact steps you're taking.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How to get only new documents in folder uploaded, and not copied over each time by Dropbox??????
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post